Is Arrested Development the best thing on TV?

Yeah, they really foreshadowed that [hand-related] occurrence. Of course, you wouldn’t know it without a rewatch. I love that it rewards repeat viewings so much.

I watched the whole show in a massive binge two months ago, and you people pointing out things I missed are going to make me go back and watch it again.

What was the Mr. F reveal? I never got that …

Mr. F = M.R.F.

Is there any reason to be coy about spoilers in this thread?

Charlize Theron is a Mentally Retarded Female.

Ah. I guess we didn’t find it funny because it was obvious she was retarded after about 60 seconds? Or was it supposed to be funny because they hammer it into the audience?

Either way not funny.

Yeah, I didn’t like that plot thread because it went on way for way too long. It was like they had enough material for 2 episodes, but had her around for 4, so they stretched it out.

Just finished this today from Netflix streaming. I feel liek I’m going to go through “why was this cancelled?!” withdrawls like Firefly.

Is there anything on now or out there with the joke density of this, or as good as this? I’ve seen a few episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and didn’t really like Larry David as an actor (he’s still a great writer). What else is out there? 30 Rock is the only thing that comes to mind, I haven’t watch The Office in a few years.

Mista F…

Also, no, there isn’t (the density thing). And there may never be again. And the world is lesser for it.

It’s no Arrested Development, but Mitch Hurwitz has a new show this season starring Will Arnett (and, to a lesser extent, David Cross). It lacks some of the magic of AD, but it’s very similarly structured, and I find it funny enough to watch. It’s definitely fairly dense with jokes, but the smaller primary cast limits that a little bit.

Oh yeah, it’s called Running Wilde. Hulu has some episodes, but the earlier ones have dropped off – it currently starts with episode 4.

…and ends at episode 8. Maybe 9, if they don’t pull it.

It’s already canceled. Fox isn’t even bothering burning the remaining episodes off, with the exception of one more the day after Christmas.

Sure. Doesn’t make those 8 episodes any less good, though.

Yeah, but it’s information you might want to mention when responding to someone who is looking for a replacement for a show that he’s sad got canceled.

Fair.

Oh, we were so innocent back in 2004.

I’ve been rewatching these myself and am wrapping up season 3. This is my third viewing of the show, STILL finding new nuggets of comedy gold in every episode I missed. Ah, such a great show.

Community

Jazar already answered, but: Community. Except Community is funnier than Arrested Development. Yeah, that’s right. I said it. Funnier.

If madkevin is willing to face the mob, then I will as well. Community is funnier than Arrested Development.

And while we’re committing heresy, I like Modern Family more than I liked Arrested Development. Cougar Town, too. Yeah, I said it.

And I don’t like Plants vs Zombies, damn it.

Also, I’m a witch.

Bahimiron is the BobJustBob of television.

BahJustBah.

Tried Community just now. The Christmas episode was pretty funny, but nothing coming close to the cast, writing, and delivery AD had. Oh well. Party Down was pretty good, but that also got cancelled. I’ll give Community a try when it comes back in January.