Is Atmos broken in Win 10 for anyone else?

Did the latest Windows 10 update break Dolby Atmos? I can engage up to 7.1 but Atmos is silent and my Access app says it’s not connected even tho my control panel has it linked…

Video shows me playing a youtube vid with 7.1 turned on. Soon as I swap to Atmos in tray it cuts all sound.

PC Nvidia 3080 -> Denon Atmos capable receiver set in direct mode. Worked fine till at least last week unless it swapped out of Atmos without me realizing it.

Installing latest Nvidia drivers forced the Atmos Access app to rerun setup, but still results in no sound once Atmos is engaged.

The weird thing is that Atmos clips in the access app DO play sound. So actual atmos tracks do work but non atmos content gets cut off.

It still works for me in headphone mode in Division 2/Windows 10 x64 20H2.

I’m still trying to get Windows to recognise my 5.1 system on my new rig.

Hey I forgot to update, Dolby has confirmed that this IS broken for devices using Cirrus chipsets like my Denon receiver.

Hi there!

Thank you for contacting Dolby Customer Support. I would be happy to assist you today!
This is affecting all AVR’s that are using a Cirrus Logic chipset. It’s something that’s been affected by the latest Windows update.

This is a known issue that we’re aware of and are working with our team to get this resolved as soon as we can.

In the meantime, you can work around this issue by manually selecting and configuring the speaker setup when you’re configuring Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. This will give you sound in the meantime if you wish to keep Atmos enabled. This will allow you to get sound again when Atmos is enabled until we get a permanent resolve put in place for this issue which will likely come in the form of an update.

Thank you for your patience. We do appreciate your time.
The Dolby Support Team