Is Gone Gold borked for anyone else?

It is as we feared. The borg have taken over and we did not even see it coming…

Ok, anyway, has anybody purchased rights to www.gonegold.com yet? Do we need to get a paypal fund together?

another GG refugee here who is sad to see Gonegold disappear so suddenly. But, I believe that the community will continue on in some capacity. I’d visit PD’s forum and CG’s forum. It’s just extra tabs to me. ;)

I recommend nabbing the name www.ggoldgone.com for GG Forums Mark 2.

On the one hand, I’m firmly behind the rights of a site owner to up and pull the plug at will–you foot the bills, you call the shots.

On the other, I can’t think of a really good reason why you wouldn’t want to just say, “Hey, I don’t want to handle this site anymore. I’ll be cancelling the hosting account in N weeks. Godspeed, all.”

First hand’s bigger, but still.

I haven’t registered for this many forums in…well…ever :)

Still not sure where I’ll end up. This seems like an awesome forum. Consolegold is where most of the Gone Golders are, but it doesn’t allow the feisty topics. And Peacedog’s forum looks like it’s just the feisty topics, and nothing else.

Difficult :D

In Pale Fire, the annotator of Connecticut poet John Shade extrapolates an entire fictional Russian country called Zembla onto Shade’s final poem. In QT3, the fan club of Indiana cripple Rich LaPorte extrapolates an entire universe of earnest Down’s Syndrome called “the Gone Gold community” on a forum that - like Tampa Bay officials suddenly dealing with millions of Cuban refugees washing uninvited upon their shore - wants them to get back on their submersible Chevy pickup and keep on paddling up to the Canada of QT3, the Gaming Age forums.

Amen.

Can someone just sticky this thread for it dying in the future again?

Qt3 is pretty much an acquired taste. Do not enter here if you are easily offended by the odd troll or swearing. On the other hand there are many great people here generating excellent discussions - not just about games but also about everything else.

A lot of games industry folk hang out in Qt3. It can be a goldmine of information.

Added bonus:

Automatically updating images to monitor outside access to the above sites, to head off any future “Is consolegold.com dead?” threads. ;)

(source)

EDIT: Added pcgamesforum.com monitor to images.

http://www.pcgamesforum.com

See you there, GG refugees!

Qt3 is pretty much an acquired taste. Do not enter here if you are easily offended by the odd troll or swearing. On the other hand there are many great people here generating excellent discussions - not just about games but also about everything else.

A lot of games industry folk hang out in Qt3. It can be a goldmine of information.[/quote]

Oh, I’ve given up years ago on being offended by stuff people write on the internet. It’s better for the heart I hear. And hey, a forum that allows for a great smackdown as DrCrypt posted here is cool in my book. I just wish I was creative enough to reply with anything other than, well, that he’s right ;)

Anyway, I’ve been visiting Qt3 for a long while now, just never registered at the forums. I re-read the Shoot Club columns from time to time, and they’re still great.

Excellent images, Derek. Now could make a directional road sign saying “Console Gold This Exit”?