Is it hot enough for ya?

Nope. Dry heat is okay, but it’s also really humid.

Dubai has 80% humidity year round. It can be stifling.

See, this is the downside to telecommuting when you live in a penthouse apartment. I had to hide out in coffee shops!

Wound up going to mikes for a BBQ, as madison valley does not suffer the late sun gladly. The wine flowed.

32°C here but that’s already way too much for my taste. We hates the yellow face, preciousss.

Tomorrow is meant to be 51.8F where I am…right now (7.50pm) it’s 44.6F soooo cold :(

Wow you do live in the woods! Are you a member of the mennonite mafia?
My parent’s live in South Pultney and refer to Italy Hill and Italy Valley as “the wilds”.

The humidity has been insane here. Yesterday Ben and I were walking on the top of Cobbs Hill and I had to ask “Are you sure it’s only 80?” It felt like the high 90’s, but I don’t think it got over 82. The air was stagnent with no breeze.

The rain finally came last night and it’s now 72 out, so it’s time to turn off the central air (for a day or two until the humidity becomes oppressive again).

It’s raining here today, bringing the temps back into the 80s…feels fantastic outside. Will drop to 68 tonight.

Downside? I’ll have to start mowing again as the grass will come back to life.

Yeah, you can pretty much trump anyone with the Dubai heat/humidity combo. Contrary to popular belief, the Persian Gulf coastal areas are NOT humidity-free.

And once upon a time, I happily trumped around that area in black jeans, a black T-shirt, and Doc Martens. Spending most of your time in a 120-130F feed control area really builds that acclimatization up.

Seattle is miserable right now, though.

It’s been super hot here, but as Karen said, it’s pretty pleasant today (albeit rainy). We turned off the AC for the first time this week, and opened the windows. This makes the cats happy.

129 degrees Fahrenheit. Jesus, you could cook meat at that temperature.

Out of curiousity, are the Dubai locals complaining about global warming?

It is only mid-80s (F) here in Del Mar, but relative to the usual tempurature at this time of year feels way too hot and humid. And since all the good mountain biking is inland where it is far hotter on average than here, I haven’t been able to ride since my July 4th trip up to Mammoth.

And tomorrow I’m headed out to Honolulu (for work), where its like 90 now.

This heat sucks. I blame George Bush.

Global Warming: It’s not just for breakfast anymore.

Damn AC can’t even keep up. It’s like 80 in here and the pool temp is a hair short of 90.

Same problem for me. My apartment came with a window air conditioner built into the wall. It’s good enough up to about 90F outside, after that it can’t keep up. It’s been over 100F for the last couple days, so I’ve been hanging out at my parents’ and their brand new, industrial strength central air.

Not really. Most of the gulf countries have this kind of summer temperature, just that Dubai has a lot more humidity, whereas the majority of inhabited areas in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia get mostly dry heat.

The funny thing is that Dubai has been working to turn itself into a resort destination, ala Vegas, in recent years. I’m guessing they don’t include a weather report with their tourist brochures… ;)

They have indoor skiiing. Rock.

Alternately: Burning Man training.

Some storms have given us a respite from the true horror of early last week.

Record temps in the SF Bay Area all around. San Jose was 102 and Gilroy 109, breaking records set in 1917.

On top of that, there was no cooling last night. Temps were above 80 at 10PM. That’s very unusual for us.