Is it just me, or does Half-Life 2 completely suck now?

When was it you tried Half Life? When it was released, or years after?

I don’t even know how you would know that (was it in the manual?), but the intent is to make her look ambiguous.

No that was last month. Next it will probably be Mass Effect…then be GTA 4.

Her father is right there in the game. And there isn’t anything ambiguous about him.

Got it as a Christmas gift the year it came out, 1998? To be fair, I’m not generally a fan of the highly scripted, linear FPS-as-funhouse subgenre, though HL1 wasn’t as bad with that as something like Call of Duty. I’m more of a Deus Ex kind of guy

Yeah, he’s definitely a scientist.

He also used to be a butler and Lt. Governor.

Possibly apologizing for your gaffe and walking away with some semblance of face

Your incredulous outrage on behalf of octoroons, quadroons, quintroons, hexadecaroons, and even doubloons around the world is duly noted.

This particular aspect of the discussion is even more boring than Half-Life Episode 2, which I didn’t think was possible. I guess I can blame myself for that.

I would also like to add that I meant “nasty” as in “Miss Jackson if you’re nasty”.

You sure can! First sensible thing you’ve said all thread.

After loving HL2 and Episode 1, Episode 2 is boring the hell out of me. I feel like I’ve been in this mine for hours.

I think I’l go play through Portal again.

Whatever you say, Mr. Imus.

[CENTER]

“Jeez you guys need to lighten up. HAHAHA, get it? Lighten up? Hey, anyone hear the one about the stranded nun, the trucker, and the uppity negro?”[/CENTER]

The meta-game of righteous forum indignation over perceived slights, however stultifyingly boring it may be, is way more fun than Episode 2.

I’ll tell you what this is: it’s a high-tech lynching.

Wait, did I miss the family tree mod for HL2? Where do you (from the game) find out that her mother is Asian?

Pretty sure there’s a picture in the game somewhere of Alyx’s mom and dad together.

Well, I played some more, and EP2 gameplay isn’t as dire as the introduction led me to believe. Still very derivative of HL2 in general, but it stops being quite such a chore after you get out of those underground tunnels.

What’s especially creepy is listening to your buddy Vortigon who is so clearly using the same voice actor as Alyx’s dad. Are we not supposed to notice that they sound identical, minus a basic halloween “alien” voice filtering effect?

Also, why does Valve feel compelled to tack arbitrary vehicle segments into their game?

I’ll probably make it through to see what happens. It’s looking more and more like Team Fortress 2 and Portal are the real stars of the orange box.

Yeah, I thought the game picked up pretty well once you got out of those caves. The vehicle stuff is broken up with some pretty decent firefights along the way, and I just loved the final battle, and going out on that kind of high probably helped me overlook the more boring parts.

Pick up “Rainbow Six Vegas” and thank me later.