Is it me or does Madden 360 not look that great?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=578361

I had pretty high hopes for it too. Lots of stutter and messed up polys in the video… Tough to say from the video quality I know, but I’m definitly not blown away

Sam/Kad

/agreed

EA spent all their money on licensing and marketing. There’s no money for re-doing Madden. It’s just itty bitty upgrades.

It doesn’t look that great, but there’s plenty of other stuff to make up for it.

I can’t see crap, all the pictures are like 320x240.

Watch the video

It looks horrible, mostly because it’s the same crappy EA animations that were outdone by the 2k line a few seasons back. It might be my imagination, but the animations actually look worse here too. So the most glaringly ugly thing about this game is something that they probably could’ve fixed two generations ago, and certainly don’t need the 360’s power to do. Nice work EA.

The screenshots look pretty decent though.

That’s, sadly enough, exactly how I felt watching it.

Do the EA guys even look at what NFL 2k5 did? At all? They must not or they couldn’t possibly continue to release such schlock.

Yes, they did, and then they went out and bought an exclusive license.

Yes, they did, and then they went out and bought an exclusive license.[/quote]

No shit on that.

Sigh. Can I say I’m not surprised? God I hate the animations in Madden.

I know I am planning to play Madden 360 with my eyes scrunched closed and every so often flickering them open them momentarily so a single progressive-scan frame bathes my retinas with its glorious graphics. Then for the next 20-30 seconds I can bask in the fading purple afterimage replete with shaders and specular highlights until it’s time to open my eyes and take in another amazingly detailed still shot.

EA has had a truly frightening number of people working on next-gen Madden.

I’m sure they realize that it doesnt matter, only game in town.

It looks really bad. Here’s hoping that EA has the real next gen Madden scheduled for late 2006 when the PS3 arrives.

Oh man, the PS3 has so many awesome features that it will actually program the next Madden for you!

I hope you know that that’s not what I meant. I’m hoping this year’s X360 Madden is just a quick Xbox port, and the next-gen reinvention of Madden will happen for both consoles when the PS3 is released.

Yeah I know, it’s just more fun to talk about Sony’s feature list track record

I know I am planning to play Madden 360 with my eyes scrunched closed and every so often flickering them open them momentarily so a single progressive-scan frame bathes my retinas with its glorious graphics. Then for the next 20-30 seconds I can bask in the fading purple afterimage replete with shaders and specular highlights until it’s time to open my eyes and take in another amazingly detailed still shot.[/quote]
If such is your preference, you might wanna try some of the text-based football games out there. :P

http://penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-09-12&res=l