Is Johnny Depp Melting?

Rolling Stone says maybe.

The photos in this article got a lot buzz:

It’s estimated that Depp has made $650 million on films that netted $3.6 billion. Almost all of it is gone.

Wow…

Vanity Fair did the big write-up last year of how his advisors were trying to rein-in his spending and he ended up suing them.

But little sympathy here.

So I lived for 5 ears in Bisbee, AZ (where Depp frequently stays) and has “parties” with his buddy Doug Stanhope. Let’s just say that if the rumors are true, that having endless hash and wine like in the article is the mild version of he substances I have heard described on a regular basis.

10 miles from the border…known corridor for all sorts of smuggled hard substances.

I read the rolling stone piece. The summary I read elsewhere pretty much notes that it’s gone even further downhill since the interview for the article.

Hey, male movie stars past their heyday suddenly going broke and bonkers on booze and drugs is pretty much an industry staple. Sorry to hear that for him, but you can’t put your fingers in your ears and babble out the noise of people telling you you’re broke, and then make it through okay.

And I hate to say this, but all of this does not bode well with him having lost a lot of friends along the way due to OD, drugs, suicide, or other means. “Acute depression,” is not a term people throw around lightly. Get some help, Johnny.

Ha, whenever I hear Bisbee I think of L.A. Confidential. Then again I’m pretty much always thinking of L.A. Confidential.

Really?

Yes really.

Yes really.
Chinatown’s noir kicks that thing’s butt.

This one is a better Bisbee reference movie. And has our precious Crowe in it…

But I don’t think of 3:10 to Yuma when I hear Bisbee.

Here’s my question from the express article

The company responded by counter-suing the actor, accusing him of living an ultra-extravagant lifestyle that often knowingly cost Depp in excess of $2 million per month to maintain, which he simply could not afford’.

Wait so when you are rich enough you can be sued for living outside your means? lol

Even though he is spending a lot, that’s a lot money to be made, and he’s still making it. I hope he gets things straightened out but yeah… how do you get sued for spending your money?

Because he sued them first, arguing they mismanaged his finances and stole from him.

Their suit states they did everything possible to warn him of the iceberg, but that he still steered straight at it.

I get why they would counter sue… it’s just, well usually that opposing suit actually makes, you know, sense, or at least attempts to.

They are. it does make sense. The case they are making is “Hey, he did this all himself, and now we want defamation damages, because he is publicly accusing us of causing his meltdown.”

Hence the discussion in their case about his incredible, mind-blowing spendthrift habits.

They described it as a thermonuclear complaint. It just seems silly to say a rich actor spent like a… rich actor. But okay. I suspect if he stuck to just 2 mil a month, with the money he brought in, and money he is still making, he’d last for a number of decades.

Yeah, what their counter suit is really about is his outrageous claims about them. They have many other clients, and a reputation. I mean he filed suit stating they stole his money.

Yeah the rest of it got ugly pretty fast. This will be interesting and… sad.

Yes. He’s also evidently a spousal abuser, but everyone has blipped over that neatly because he is so “cool” . SMH…

I don’t know what you’re trying to imply, but I an not exactly a Depp fan… this is about his lawsuit.