Is Johnny Depp Melting?

I dunno, look at the flip side of it too. He kept a number of people employed, including whoever the hell can sell him that much wine and booze. He is certainly not outside where a ton of entertainment people end up. Based on the article and what is mentioned of his early life, he didn’t end up far from the apple tree either.

The question is will he go the rehab route and emerge as an older actor with gas still in the tank, or will this continue to be a circus act right up until the end? He sounds a half step short of crazy, which is why I don’t think this will end well for any party involved.

After taxes, agents, staff, etc., I’d be surprised if he personally pocketed more than 200M. Is that a lot of money? Yes. But it can be blown with bad decisions and/or bad investments? Yes.

I dunno, I’ve seen Brewster Millions, it’s hard to spend a lot of money!

Maybe I’d develop this cool game idea I had the other day…

Is @ArmandoPenblade a hoarder?

It’s mostly Amazon boxes and clothes my gf doesn’t want anymore but doesn’t want to sort into recycle/Goodwill/sell piles. I think we’re up to like 8 trashbags full :-/

I sometimes wonder what would happen if I just recycled them all one day. . .

But there’s also a closet full of boxes I packed up from my parents house when I moved out in 2009 that I haven’t opened since then :-(

Ahem:-

cocaine%20so%20much%20cocaine

The wife saves the plastic containers from chinese takeout. I use the quart containers as big drinking cups. The lids with pinholes are thrown out. But we end up with a load of rectangular ones with covers. LOADS. I throw them away one or two at a time. If I disposed of all of them at once… It would not be a good day for me.

I like using plastic takeout containers as prep-bowls when I’m cooking. Like, if I’m dredging for frying, they’re a good size, and I always have a bunch on hand so I can do flour->egg->panko in separate containers without worrying.

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m weirdly specific about which ones I keep though, they have to be a consistent shape (for stacking and lid-compatibility), and only certain weight ones that are durable enough to re-use.

I can see that. The thing is that we have two kitchen cabinets full of plastic containers. Good quality. We don’t need the extras. They are just clutter.

Pet peeve of mine. My wife keeps soy sauce packets. I throw them away.

You monster!
There are kids in Africa that would love to have some packets.

soy un perdedor

If Johnny Depp keeps going the way he’s going, apparently he’ll love to have those packets in a year or two.

Drive-by body pierce!

I keep the ‘duck’ sauce and mustard packets. In case I’m out of the jarred stuff I buy. The alleged soy sauce in those packets is salty piss. I won’t use it even if I’m out. Horrid stuff.

/thread

How is Winona Ryder doing these days? I am concerned for her due to her appearance on stage at Screen Actors Guild awards.

I read some interview with her recently. I think she’s fine. She did the two seasons of Stranger Things, and before that had a good part in Show Me A Hero. Anyway I haven’t heard any tales of fuckupitude on a Depp scale.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/07/09/johnny-depp-sued-biggie-smalls-movie-assault/