Is President Bush a hypocrite and a pu**y?

Ok where do I begin…

Is Bush a hypocrite:

1. He says that he’s worried that Saddam Hussein may have or is developing a nuclear weapon.

-Ok… let’s see who has the most nuclear weapons?

America = 10,000 (+)
Iraq = maybe 1… probably 0.

Let’s be real… If Saddam had a nuclear weapon, what kind of threat would he pose to America? None… He would get wipped off the face of the earth.

And… Do we really have room to talk since we could kill the planet 10 times over.

1. Bush is worried that Saddam may use a nuclear weapon against a neighboring country.

Ok… Let’s take a look at who has actaully used a nuclear weapon against a country.

America = 2 times against Japan. Millions of people have died.
Iraq = 0!

Ok… Is something wrong here or what? Maybe Bush should decare war against ourselves, because it’s obvious that we are the ones that like to bomb other countries with nuclear weapons.

Is Bush a pu**y:

1. North Korea is much more capable of developing a nuclear weapon than Iraq, but yet Bush has handled the situation with kids gloves.

Why hasn’t Bush given North Korea a ultimatum that they either disband there nuclear program or face US military action? You know why this hasn’t happened? Because he knows that if we attack North Korea, we could easily lose men in the TEN’S OF THOUSANDS!! The American people couldn’t fathom such a large loss, so we don’t do anything except complain about it or threaten to cut off aid. North Korea is one of the most militarized countries int he world with an army of a million men.

Guys… I love America and would fight for my freedom as any true American. But this war on terror has gotten out of hand, and to be frank… I don’t trust Bush.

-just my opinion.

Wow.

Interesting topic and strongly worded. I don’t agree with your tone but I do agree that war with Iraq is saber rattling and a distraction and I think something that in long run can only hurt us by teaching yet another lesson in the evils of the US to the muslim world…

Look at Israel as a classic example of where these paths lead

Yeah, we sure wouldn’t want the radical Muslim world to hate us. They might do something bad to us, or set up international organizations intent on harming us.

Go do some deep background reading on what’s going on in Iraq today. Both in terms of what’s being done to their own people and what Hussein is doing to support the terrorist world. Then ask yourself if you are comfortable waiting for him to supply the terrorist world.

Hey, I’m with you! Can’t solve the nightmare Asian nuclear holocaust scenario? WHY BOTHER TRYING TO SOLVE ANY OF THEM!!! Pass that magic jay bone!

AIM totally misquoted Bush throughout his post.
Bush never says Nuclear.
Bush says “Nook-cue-ler.”

I detest Israel. Oh let’s see… You have the leader of the Palestinian’s, Yasir Arafat who has won the noble peace prize. Yet we treat him like a criminal.

Then you have the leader of Israel who should I say… Is no better then Hitler? Sharon has killed young children, women and older palestinian’s at will. Do you blame the Palestinian’s for blowing themselves up? There only protecting themselves!! You have Israel who are encroaching on Palestinian land and it’s sickening. It’s what happened to the Native American’s all over again. So sad…

Oh… and who do we support? Israel. We give these guys millions of dollars. The money could be going to the American education system, but oh no… We give it to a country that loves to kill, murder and steal. Let Israel defend themselves and let’s put the money back into our own damn country.

-just my opinion.

I thikn Bush is a horrible president. He’s not fit for the office and has the diplomatic skills of a chimp in a tree armed with a bucket of feces.

However, there seems to be a point missing here. Iraq lost a war. They signed a treaty stating that they would disarm. They agreed to allow inspectors to verify that they had disarmed. They agreed to stop all work on nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and allow inspectors to verify that the work had been stopped.

Iraq is violating the treaty that they signed, making it null and void. If they don’t comply with the terms of the treaty, it is our duty to enforce the terms for them. Had this been done with the Treaty of Versial (holy bad spelling) when Germany started rebuilding its armed forces in violation of the treaty, there wouldn’t have been a WWII (er, well, maybe someday, but not in 1939).

Why bother with treaties if we just let the signers do what they want and violate the treaties?

And North Korea, well, we’re still technically at war with them. I have no idea why Bush isn’t threatening forced disarmarment of their nuclear program.

Millions did not die in Japan; it was between 42,000 and 62,000.

Ok… Let’s take a look at who has actaully used a nuclear weapon against a country.

America = 2 times against Japan. Millions of people have died.
Iraq = 0!

Big thumbs up to your research here, by the way. According to this page , the death total in the two cities was only around 200,000. If we assume that by “millions”, you mean 2 million or more, you’re only off in your estimation of America’s satanic contempt for human life by 1000%! Good job!

Of course, you are right that Iraq has never dropped a nuclear bomb on anyone. Then again, according to this page, they might as well have dropped a small nuclear bomb on the Kurds. Hussein’s regime has been responsible from anywhere between 70,000 to 180,000 Kurdish deaths.

It isn’t that I disagree with your Bush-shore-is-creepy sentiments, but there are plenty of reasons to think that Iraq (described by Noam Chomsky (!) as “perhaps the most violent and repressive state in the world”) is a lot more evil than Bush’s America.

I detest Israel. Oh let’s see… You have the leader of the Palestinian’s, Yasir Arafat who has won the noble peace prize. Yet we treat him like a criminal.

Then you have the leader of Israel who should I say… Is no better then Hitler? Sharon has killed young children, women and older palestinian’s at will. Do you blame the Palestinian’s for blowing themselves up? There only protecting themselves!! You have Israel who are encroaching on Palestinian land and it’s sickening. It’s what happened to the Native American’s all over again. So sad…

Oh… and who do we support? Israel. We give these guys millions of dollars. The money could be going to the American education system, but oh no… We give it to a country that loves to kill, murder and steal. Let Israel defend themselves and let’s put the money back into our own damn country.

-just my opinion.[/quote]

Holy misinformed voter, Batman. Arafat earned the Nobel Peace Prize but in no way deserved to. He has ordered the killing of more children in his lifetime than Harod. He has refused to do anything about the constant terroristic bombings that continue to plague Israel and which derail every single agreement that is signed.

Israel is just as bad, essentially executing people with no trial and killing innocents in the crossfire. But to hold up Arafat as some kind of saint, my lord. He was the butcher of the middle east for decades before he became what he is today.

And I think the reason we keep Israel around is to keep the rest of the middle eat in turmoil. As long as they’re concentrating on Israel, they aren’t attacking eachother and destablizing oil prices. I know it’s speculation, but I see Israel as the keystone to the arch of the middle east. Remove Israel as a common enemy and the whole area comes crumbling down.

There was a terrorist bringing a bomb on a plane, but the guards did nothing. You know why? Because that terrorist had never blown up a plane - BUT DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PLANES THE USA HAS BLOWN UP!!!

Nice logic.

Not that I think war with Iraq is a good idea, especially if we do not have backing of others in the region, but bringing up our use of the atom in WWII to somehow justify that it is fine and dandy if the nutcase Saddam has nukes is just silly, but then so is most of your arguement.

Chet

This is what I don’t understand about Yasser Arafat supporters. Clearly, most people think it is unacceptable that the Palestinians are blowing up school buses every time peace talks and cease fires come along, yet they voice outrage that Israel doesn’t want to deal with Yasser Arafat anymore, since he supposedly didn’t know about it.

But you only have two options in your opinion of Arafat:

a) Either he is a completely inneffectual leader without the clout to control the actions of the Palestinians and make them act in accordance of a peace treaty that he has approved.

OR.

b) He is a terrorist without any real interest in a political, reasonable Israel/Palestinian compromise.

Or both! And neither a) nor b) makes an acceptable negotiator for peace. I don’t blame Israel for a second for not wanting to deal with him any more.

Did we not end the World War with those nukes, thereby, preventing further deaths on both sides? Was Japan not working on ‘the bomb’ as well?

I realize it was a severe move and whether it was warranted at the time the U.S. did it will be debated forever. I am not good with all the fancy facts and figures like AIM is, but that is how I see it.

I’m not a World War 2 buff, but the example I have read (and which has always horrified me) of why the atomic bomb was probably one of the most moral ways to end the war is that, during the invasion of some of the islands, like Tinian, thousands of Japanese civilians flung themselves off of cliffs (eight thousand on one island) to avoid capture by the American soldiers. Added to the horrific death tolls the US Army experience capturing these islands, the thought of the loss of human life of a main land invasion (both American and Japanese) was almost nightmarish to contemplate, and was estimated by officials to be less than the toll of an atomic bomb.

Also, let’s be fair, the deaths attributed to the atomic bomb were much closer in number to 100,000 then 1 million.

Ok, even 1 death is a bad thing, but let’s not get overzealous and downright fanciful in our attacks, AIM. You’re reaching. Big time.

Just ask yourself these questions, you might find the answer:
Who is more likely to give their nuclear material, devices, and blessings to terrorist groups intent on killing as many Americans (even YOU) as possible? America, with its thousands of warheads, or Iraq, with its active nuclear weapons program?

Is it easier to go after a country that hasn’t built a nuclear weapon yet, like Iraq, or after a country like North Korea, which may have nuclear weapons built and ready to use? Which would you rather go after?

Has anyone ever wondered how much more effective the PLO would have been had they learned from Ghandi, MLK, etc? I, for one, don’t understand why Europe and others support the Palestinians because I have this aversion to suicide bombers killing innocents. Sure, the Isrealis have killed innocent Palestinians as well. But that happens as collateral damage related to a “legitimate” target. (I’m aware the Plaestinians have a “raw deal” that Israel is “no innocent” but I find the country trying to punish killers… more sympathetic.)

I know, a death is a death particularly when it’s a child, but I do draw a distinction between “I’m going to kill your children” and “I might kill your children while I’m killing your ‘liberation army commanders’”.

Now, if the Palestinians were using non-violent means, the entire world, including the US, would have a hard time supporting Isreal. Blowing yourself and other people up tends to make me think you’re on the wrong side of the argument.

Think the Israelis are being too tough? Think what the US would do if Mexican illegal immigrants were coming over the border and blowing themselves up in shopping malls. We’d certainly ignore any UN sanctions against us.

Of course, 3 of the 9/11 hijackers and the 17 year old sniper were all illegals. I am not sure we have done enough to stop the influx of undesirables. I am by no means an isolationist and do not think our borders should be closed off, but we need to crack down just a teeny bit harder along our coastal, Mexican, and Canadian borders or we could be in for a lot of what Israel is dealing with today.

Sigh - missed points and widely exaggerated claims all over the place. Can I help it if I don’t like where this country is helping. We based our society on due process, the court of law, and the concept of liberty. In the last 6 months we have carried out assasinations, we are holding prisoners in Cuba without due process, we are implementing military courts that don’t have any appeal/oversights and we are completely ignoring the FACT that we have done countless things in the last 10 years to piss off the muslims. We bombed Iraq to the stone age, we support Israel regardless of what they do - not defending Hamas/Arafat here, they are equally guilty. And our reaction to 9/11 was holy outrage and vengeance w/o a peep in the mirror to think about whether we bore an responsibility.

To turn your example around. What would you do if some country bombed the US and killed your family and you were absolutely powerless to strike back in a militaristic/national manner. Would you consider terrorist acts as a way of getting revenge…

This is the problem. We have a chance now to NOT enter the death spiral that has embroiled Israel and Palestine…but that window is closing as we nudge closer and closer to war with Iraq in my opinion.

And that’s my point. Imagine if you witnessed your father getting the shit kicked out of him and then taking a bullet in the head? How would you feel? Would you be able to just let it slide? Hell no! You would strike back, especially if your a poor such as the Palestinian’s. Even if that meant killing yourself in the process because you do not have a choice.