Is Squeenix a big deal?

Dammit, AAA is an industry term that means something very specific. There are a whole lot of AAA games (most of the games you are going to see E3 coverage about are AAA).

To follow on from Mr. Blow’s point, AAA is more about budget (development AND marketing) than anything else. Actual sales have nothing to do with it…it’s anticipated sales.

Of course, I could be horribly wrong;) Please tell me if I am.

Wasn’t everything in that IGN list Jose loved considered AAA?

…and here I thought AAA was for cars…

Also, did anyone else blink and miss the Mistwalker demo for Xbox 360?

Soo… which is more exciting, a real RPG or the FFXI that’s already on PS2 and PC… heh.

I want to see a new Chrono Trigger remake/sequel. Now. Argh!

I dunno. Crono Cross sucked. :P

You’re a fool!

Lost Odyssey looks good, indeed.

You’re a fool![/quote]

It was bland in almost all areas - the characters were pointless, the story was pointless, and there was basically no relation to Chrono Trigger. Sure, there were some half-baked things mixed in there, but for all intents and purposes the game could have just dropped the Chrono name and not changed a bit.

It didn’t suck - the combat was half decent for an RPG, and the story wasn’t a level of horrible to turn a person off from the game. But I wouldn’t say that someone who thought it sucked was a fool.

It was forgettable, other than having Chrono added to the title.

Lost Odyssey looks good, indeed.[/quote]

Big sword and melancholic male… check
Hot girl in short skirt…check
Gaudy overdesigned armor…check
Nostalgic petals gently falling…check
New Age meets fantasy metallic cities…check
Overblown music score…check
Tentacle angry medieval monsters…check

Definitely a Final Fancy type rpg for 360…

I’m so excited…

etc

You’re a fool![/quote]

It was bland in almost all areas - the characters were pointless, the story was pointless, and there was basically no relation to Chrono Trigger. Sure, there were some half-baked things mixed in there, but for all intents and purposes the game could have just dropped the Chrono name and not changed a bit.

It didn’t suck - the combat was half decent for an RPG, and the story wasn’t a level of horrible to turn a person off from the game. But I wouldn’t say that someone who thought it sucked was a fool.

It was forgettable, other than having Chrono added to the title.[/quote]

I never finished it, so I don’t know the depth of the tying in, but it sure seemed to have a lot of tying in happening.

I was a bit suprised that Square has signed on for the Xbox, didn’t Sony invest in Square?

It was forgettable, other than having Chrono added to the title.

I was gang raped by Square fanbois for months after I gave this an “average, but not amazing” review at Daily Radar. It’s a decent game, but not world shattering.

Not a controlling share. And SE supported the Gamecube too- another Sony competitor.

Next on Jerry Springer!

Well, they signed on with FFXI which is a lot like signing on with nothing. Remember that atrocious racing game they made for the PS2? Racing Type-S or something. Maybe MS will get sequel to that. Not exactly FFXIII or DQIX.