Is the 4th like a war zone where you live?

If I was in the fireworks business, I would raise prices. Hours of nonstop explosions, they are obviously too cheap.

Seems the same as last year to me, but that is still insane. Our wargames in Korea were quieter.

Worst part is our pittie gets so terrified that it will be days before I don’t have to coax her out to go the the bathroom at night. Probably have to wait until after 1am before I can get her out tonight

Civil War 2 yo

Well I was mistaken about one thing, my kids slept through it all. Not sure how, it was very close to my house.

I’m not even in the US and I managed to get a fireworks display outside my window yesterday. So that was nice.

Last night was on an entirely different level to past years in Pierce county Washington. I think part of that was new laws that made it illegal to shoot off in the city, and I was just outside that limit.

For whatever reason the end result was total war. Couldn’t see most of it because of the dense, tall trees but you could feel it in the gut and hear the window panes all rattle until midnight. Fireworks just get a lot cheaper or was the economy even better than I thought?

It’s definitely scaled up - I checked the 911 log for my area and I see the FD got called out for a literal dumpster fire behind a local business in the early morning hours.

Pierce county here as well, and I had the opposite thought this year. I look over the Orting valley, and it wasn’t as intense as last year. Also not as much stuff in my immediate neighborhood. Maybe just depends on location and whether your neighbors headed out or stayed home for the 4th.

Still sounded like the end times, and with every big blast down in the valley I was mentally ticking off another 20 bucks that someone wasted.

Puyallup/South Hill here and it was crazy compared to two years ago. I know they recently made it illegal to fire off in the city so I think that pushed a bunch of folk out to this neighborhood.

Strangely enough yesterday was pretty quiet for a change. No dogs were spooked, no sleep was ruined.

That’s what I was doing. Guy on my street had to have bought 20 of the exact same thing, they were scary loud, vibrating the windows. I have some fond memories of fireworks, but they get old quickly, and this guy must have spent hundreds. Maybe if I had kids I could justify spending that kind of money?

The road behind mine looks like a battle was fought. There is shit everywhere with big burnt boxes left in the middle of the street. That street is lined by cars too, bet there were a lot of unhappy people this morning.

They stopped around midnight this year at least.

Yeah, I noticed some of those as well, and I don’t remember any with quite that much oomph in the past.

To top off all the fireworks noise in my normally very quiet, very conservative suburban Wisconsin neighborhood, we had a car alarm going on and off for about a 1/2 hour. I had flashbacks to when I lived in NYC in the '80s.

In Florida fireworks are illegal. Unless you use them to ‘scare the birds away’. So you go to one of these huge roadside fireworks tents. When you enter there are signs cautioning you not to discuss setting off fireworks for the 4th or you will be told to leave. Then you sign a sheet of paper swearing that you are only purchasing them to scare birds and nothing else.

Weird.

That sounds about right for Florida, oddest place I have ever lived.

When I lived in FL a few years back, I don’t remember hearing any fireworks. I have never seen anything remotely close to Western WA though. In Wyoming we had a few year round dealers right outside of town, but we didn’t even have anything like we do here in WA.

Our thunderstorm last night was actually so bad, it was louder than the fireworks. Mother nature was having a holiday.

Las Vegas Metro made a big deal about their newest crackdown on illegal fireworks, including setting up a site to report them, yet you’d have never known it. Looked out from my balcony last night, and there were multi-colored blooms in the air all the way to the mountains, lasting until after midnight.

Apparently, Metro’s site got 25,000 reports, which led to all of 10 busts. Fires were nearly twice as much as last year.

LOL. I slept through July 4 and did not hear a thing! (Most likely, the neighbors were going crazy like every year, but I was just too deep asleep.)