Is this the best console week of the year?

And now Nier:Automata is getting glowing reviews AND I’m starting to see a few previews of Persona 5 with nothing but praise. If ME: Andromeda is any good we might have to change this thread title to “Is the 1st Quarter of 2017 the best gaming year of the decade?”

That’s a big ‘if’… ;)

I’ll certainly pick up Nier on PC near the 17th, I have plenty to keep me going until then, if not longer.

And Persona 5 … it’s been a long time coming, but I’m in for that too!

Persona 5 reviews are out…and it’s apparently incredible. This release schedule is just unfair.

I was wondering recently if fall was going to be the domain of corporate mega franchises and spring would be where all the great new IPs and slightly lower tier games end up.

This has probably been going on for a while so it’s probably common knowledge. I just hadn’t thought about it.

The last major game I remember buying in the fall was Skyrim. There may have been others.

Yeah that’s certainly possible. I don’t think it’s a coincidence then that these new IPs and “lower-tier” property’s are pulling in great reviews. I hope developers are taking notice of this recent slate of truly awesome games.

I do remember talking about this now on QT3. But this spring has been so intense that I started thinking about it again.

The nice thing is I can leave some games until later in the year. I’ve wanted to play so many at release this year that it’s been tough. And I’ve skipped half the popular ones.

Yea Black Friday this year is going to start building on a new backlog after giving up on the old backlog. Old habits die hard.

Oh that’s right. I’d forgotten about that aspect. All these great games are going to be cheap as hell come Black Friday.

This will surely disrupt my current backlog plan.

Must finish Witcher 3 before Black Friday. Must finish Witcher 3 before Black Friday. Must finish Witcher 3 before Black Friday.

I bought Neir, preordered Persona 5, and bought some Vita/PSP stuff on sale over the last few days from PSN. So naturally Sony sent me a 15% coupon to celebrate my 5 year anniversary this morning.