Israel bans Arab political parties

No one has expressed that on this forum, as far as I know.

A homeland containing displaced Palestinians and surrounded by Arab countries, many of whom contain extreme individuals who wish to nuke Israel off the planet. Doesn’t sound so safe to me.

One could argue that the nation of Israel puts the Jewish people in a more at risk position in the world than they would be otherwise.

Israel’s historic persecution in no way excuses the treatment of Palestinians today.

The Hutus thought Rwanda was their homeland. Didn’t help much when Tutsi militias came marching.

Israel has dealt with all it’s foreign enemies, but domestically they just keep stacking up the powder kegs. The shortsightedness of Israel when it comes to dealing with the Palestinians is going to result in apartheid, and very likely theres going to be ethnic cleansing and possibly genocide as well, as the Jewish state struggles to cope with large numbers of increasingly distressed Palestinian residents and citizens.

I fully expect Israel to strip non-Jews of political and citizenship rights within my lifetime. Expelling them is the next logical step, unless they’re too convienent a source of cheap labour, though that step can always be skipped if the political climate grows harsh enough to sustain racially motivated pogroms and mass killings.

No one is going to pay the political price of making a two-state solution viable, and the alternative is fucking bleak.

You’re insane. There are plenty of succesful Jews with no ties to Israel.

Contrary to popular belief anti-semitism isn’t all that widespread.

Rubbish. There are plenty of minority groups who keep their faiths while integrating into society, or are you calling America, South African and British Jews less than Jewish?

It’s not safe. It’s also the scenario that existed in 1948. Except Israel has made peace with 2 of the countries that declared war on it. And the Palestinians are still being shit on by everyone in the region.

The mere creation of the State of Israel was technically ‘unsafe’ to Israel.

Only pogroms happened after Jews were freed from the camps in Europe.

That makes no sense, but I suppose a raving racist lunatic would eventually start babbling completely incoherently.

Namecalling will always win any argument for you Brendan and will convince everybody that you are right. Keep it up.

Everything old is new again.

What is your point? That Arabs fabricated massacres as early as 1948?

Mohammed Radwan who fought in the battle:-
“I know when I speak that God is up there and God knows the truth and God will not forgive the liars,” said Radwan, who puts the number of villagers killed at 93, listed in his own handwriting. “There were no rapes. It’s all lies. There were no pregnant women who were slit open. It was propaganda that… Arabs put out so Arab armies would invade,” he said. “They ended up expelling people from all of Palestine on the rumor of Deir Yassin.” This was reported by Paul Holmes, Middle East Times, 20-April-1998

Love the drive by postings that do nothing by the way, taking a lesson from Dirt I see.

If you don’t know ask…
Kielce pogrom - Wikipedia (for example)

Anyway, back to 2009.

Short answer, yes.

I would consider myself less Portuguese than my paternal ancestors, since my essential fluids have been mixed with Gaelic blood, that vile concoction. I would consider a Muslim who had tattoos and drank beer to be less Islamic that one who refrained from both. But I don’t consider “less Islamic” and “less Portuguese” to be pejoratives, since I personally value integration more than I value pure bloodlines or strict adherence to ritual.

Just don’t be a Jew in Yemen or probably anywhere else there are a few remaining Jews.

The government says it has allocated two buildings to house the Jews in Sana’a where it could protect them from extremists.

Mousa Yaish, a member of the community, was shot dead on December 11 by an extremist - who said later in court he did so to get closer to Allah.

Unlike Saeed, 50-year-old Yousuf Yaish says he has to leave because his family is worried, following the increase of harassments and threats from the locals.

“I feel like it’s someone slaughtering me with a big knife. When I leave my house I have this feeling of uncertainty. I worry that I’ll not be able to return home alive,” said Yousuf at the gate of his house in Raida. He was waiting for a bus to transfer his family to Sana’a. “But we have to leave because the threats increased and the government told us to leave for our security and we should obey.”

You chose to ignore all the evidence supporting the fact that it was a massacre, even if an unfortunate one, and chose to believe the one unsourced wiki quote that says that it wasn’t. The quote, if placed into google, isn’t attributable to the Middle East Times, as claimed, but to an Israeli site that celebrates the actions of the Irgun.

Not really a surprise that such a site would seek to portray the Irgun in the best light possible…

Firstly I don’t think that the holcaust gives Jews the right to be racist for the rest of eternity and some of Shikoros posts here in this thread have been plainly racist. I’m calling him out on it. His viewpoint is one that considers Arabs lesser human beings.

Secondly, I though that the massacre I linked to was interesting considering what is happening at the moment.

I also like the particular quote you chose while ignoring all the quotes of neutral observers and even Israelis who claimed that it was a massacre of civilians. The part of the article where it describes the Israeli governments attempts in 1969 to rewrite history through propaganda is rather intersting, as is the fact that it even offended Israeli scholars at the time.

I’ve realised that part of the frustration I feel, and part of the reason I’m getting so shrill and girly is that none of the Israelis on QT3 will ever admit that just maybe they also share a tiny bit of the responsibility for what is happening at the moment. Even while slaughtering hundreds of civilians and bombing UN aid stores with white phosphorous weapons they are still convinced that everything is everyone elses fault.

It’s the ultimate victim complex and it grates on my nerves. The holocaust should have taught the Israelis compassion for their fellow humans, instead it has turned them into people who think it is ok to treat a group of three million people as lesser human beings, steal their land, bulldoze their houses and engage in a mass slaughter of civilians. It’s just obscene. When you reduce a group of people to this level they turn to desperate and irrational actions in an attempt to maintain their independence and pride. Firing rockets at Israel and strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up Israelis in crowded markets is vile and irrational, but it is the only way for these people to fight back. Newsflash! If you reduce people to the level of animals, they are going to start acting like them.

See, now look what you have made me done. I’ve gone all emotional and no one will respect me in the morning.

I know a few South African Jews who would be very offended to hear you say that.

A Jewis Racist? That’s impossible you anti-semitic bastard.

You know, I’m going to accept Dirt’s authority on the subject, given that he is our board’s undisputed expert in idiotic racism.

I’m sure. And yet here we are.