It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

The two guesses are incorrect.

The Unvanquished?

Nope.

The 40

I’m getting a kind of 60s spy movie vibe from these shots. Or at least I don’t think it matches anything else I can think of, unless this was more popular outside of the US.

Still drawing a blank, however.

Le Doulos? Trying to mov this one along. The two shots haven’t been revealing. I think it could definately be an American film now based on the wall phone. Agree with you, @Skipper, but I think it could also be an “On the run from the Mob” film.

I thought of that too, or a heist movie. The suits and house motif give me late 50s or early 60s. I can’t think of a mob/heist film from that time period, I just don’t have any experience with them.

Yeah, I thought I had made the Blonde guy in the Passenger’s seat in the 20 as Robert Hardy, but no dice. The only thing he was in in that period was The Spy Who Came in from the Cold–already done. I am drawing a blank on this guy with the gun. The shots just aren’t that revealing (the screen caps are a bit tiny, and blur on zooming, making detail a little harder to get on that 20:20 car shot, though it was murky anyway). The driver might have given it away.

This has me stumped too. It has the look of a Goddard film, but you’re correct that the phone looks American, as does the stove and the TV with the rabbit ears.The gunman looks sorta kinda familiar, but that’s about it.

I can’t decide if this is a 50s gangster picture, a British social realist drama from the 60s, or a Euro crime film.

Le Doulos rang a bell…definitely something Melville-ian going on here, but the actor’s faces aren’t lumpy enough to be a Melville film. But I’ll go ahead and guess Le Deuxieme Souffle just for grins.

Is it Shoot the Piano Player (1960)?

All guesses incorrect.

Some theorizing correct.

To maybe avoid a loss (though maybe inevitable)… I’ll add:

This is an early movie of a well-known director, a director with a number of movies already used in this game, including (at least) one in the first 100…

Wait a sec, is that Keitel in the 20? Is it Who’s That Knocking On My Door?

You nailed it. The profile shot and the lighting making him look blonde obscured it. Good job, Charm.

Whoa, nice work! You have a keen eye for detail. :)

I dunno…let’s wait and see if that’s right. I can’t find it streaming anywhere; just a few clips on Youtube. I think it’s probably right, though.

Yes, charmtrap yes it is Who’s That Knocking On My Door?! Good job.

Our final frame (also including our star Harvey, though not easy to to tell)

I call foul! The correct title is “Who’s That Knocking At My Door?” I kid! I kid! I actually was unaware of this film and didn’t realize Scorsese’s career extended back to the 60’s. Now on my “must see” list.

Coming in for the closer. Nice work, Charmtrap.

I’m extremely disappointed in myself for not getting this correctly. Well done Charmtrap.

Hey well now! That’s one I’ve actually never seen, always meant to. I’m gonna have to get around to that, I think…looks kind of interesting.

New 20 here: