It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

The Rock

Less than Zero?

So that guy looks like Oliver Platt to me. I’ve been watching some “West Wing” lately, so I’m triggered. I love that dude.

Benny & Joon?

-xtien

Definitely looks like Mary Stuart Masterson. I adore that jawline.

That does look like Aidan Quinn. I think you’re on to something, but the other two don’t match.

I confess that I thought it was Michael Biehn at first, and I was just puzzled. But then I focused on Oliver Platt, and that didn’t track.

-xtien

I’m pretty sure she had long hair in Benny & Joon, which was filmed in my hometown. (I actually happened upon the film crew filming the scene where Depp does his Buster Keaton routine in the park.) I don’t recognize the building in the shot, and its color palette suggests early-mid 80’s to me more than early 90’s, but it still could certainly be the right film.

Yeah she had that short pixie cut in Some Kind of Wonderful

They did match.

Dingus takes it! Benny & Joon, starring the wonderful Mary Stuart Masterson, who I had such a life-threatening crush on, dear God. Not so much in this movie, maybe…

Your move, @ChristienMurawski.

/gomerpyle Surprise, surprise, surprise! Gawwwwwww-leeeeeee.

Actually I am surprised. I’d have never pegged that as Benny and Joon. Nice one, Dingus!

Yes, well played, Xtien. Aiden Quinn looked way too young to be Aiden Quinn in 1993 in that shot.

A weird side effect of the aging process. I keep getting older, they stay the same age.

I absolutely love the location in that first shot. I used to work with a gal whose very good friend was a location scout. He’d hang out with us a lot and talk about his job scouting locations in and around greater Los Angeles. And beyond. Seeing a shot like that 20:20 reminds me of him. It’s a really cool location that, IMHO, makes that shot really work.

I hung out with a few girls at around this time who were just ga-ga over this movie. Absolutely nuts for it. I found it annoying, but that was probably more because I wasn’t getting their attention and Johnny Depp was. Also I thought making grilled cheese sandwiches with an iron was stupid. But I was only just learning to cook.

I’ll have a new frame up in a bit.

-xtien

Avalon was 2 years earlier!

I tried this after seeing the film. It doesn’t work. But maybe that’s because I was using the cotton setting instead of polyester.

I used too much starch.

-xtien

I will say this though, the buttered-bread used to butter the corn in WarGames totally works.

-xtien

I remember the first time I saw Wargames , a guy sitting near us in the theater said, “This movie is really educational.”

Mind blown! Does the movie offer any other essential life hacks? I might need to check it out.

I remember as well. I remember thinking. I want to do that when I’m old (loosely work with computers.) And here I am, a 50-year-old in with nearly 30 years in IT. It seemed so fun in the movie.