It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

The Director and Director of Photography were really cool too.

Is that The Manchurian Candidate? The one from the 60’s naturally

John Frankenheimer…fantastic work. Best Sinatra performance ever (including The Man with the Golden Arm and From Here to Eternity) . Lawrence Harvey. Angela Lansbury should have won the Oscar.(I stole a frame from the convention scene to open the polling in Movie Club…extra points to 20:20 people who can spot them in the future. :)).

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

“It isn’t that Raymond’s hard to like. He’s impossible to like!”

The Roger Maris (61*):

“Major, the photographs you are looking at are shots of male models, Mexican circus performers, Czech research chemists, Japanese criminals., French headwaiters, Turkish wrestlers, pastoral psychiatrists, and, of course, various officials of the USSR, the People’s Republic of China, and the Soviet Army.”

The 1hr21min20sec:

“You’re very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon, just simply isn’t one of them.”

The Two Centuries:

“I think maybe I’m going crazy.”

The Beltway (202 Area Code):

“Mr. Chairman, delegates, my fellow Americans…”

"Are they saying, ‘Are there any communists in the Defense Department?’ Of Course not. They are saying, How many communists are there in the Defense Department?’ ", @CraigM

P.S. Was there a ruckus in the Senate recently? :)

Interesting you bring up this title. When I saw that 20:20 I thought it was Otto Preminger for some reason.

-xtien

The scene had the same vibe as the Courtroom scene in Anatomy of a Murder.

There is another screen shot in the Movie Club that no one has noticed yet (aside from the one I exposed here). I plan to use a political screen shot for every vote related or nomination related post in the Movie Club. Mad bragging rights to whoever can spot them.

I could see that. For me it immediately jumped out as somewhere in 1960-65, political, and involving military (likely post Korean War, given the scene), which in this case my limited exposure to films of that era worked in my favor ;)

I was going to guess The Best Man (1964), but I don’t think cool would be a word I would use to describe Franklin J. Schaffner.

Planet of the Apes? Patton? Papillon?

He is Cool, with a capital “C”!

https://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/SS_7oWHrLuMPlTFymMG_cqcEhls/h_264,w_264/prints/~artwork/s6-original-art-uploads/society6/uploads/misc/33a99df556534bd48d77279843bd4ca6/~~/cute-snoopy-dog-joe-cool1517855-prints.jpg

“A lot of alliteration from anxious anchors placed in powerful posts!”

-xtien

Meh…Brooks…Sorkin (doe-eyed innocents with partisan motives).

I like my media critique raw, and filled with the darkest of cynicism for all parties.

“He was hoping I’d fall on my face with this Beale show, but I didn’t. It’s a big, fat, big-titted hit, and I don’t have to waffle around with Ruddy any more!”

Yeah, I’m pretty meh on Brooks too, but don’t you dare mess with my Sorkin, or you and I are going to go on a walk & talk.

-xtien

“Ask God how many shots of bourbon he had before he cut me open.”

Hmm so I have a few candidates, problem is the reason a few haven’t gotten picked before is because the frames are so bleeding obvious.

New frame within the hour

You see that problem has never stopped me.

Seriously, people around here get obscure frames on the first shot. Put up what you like!

-xtien

You never know what will be obvious or not. You just gotta shoot the ball.

I so love that movie.

-xtien

Ha @ChristienMurawski @Navaronegun mostly, yes, but this was one of the candidates. There’s easy, then there is almost literally having the title spelled out!

I was mostly referencing this:

Which is not my pick. I’ve got another lined up though.

So this is my 20:20

Might be easy, but such is life. I do like the frames it gave though.

The Life of Brian.

That is the People’s Front of Judea.

They are not splitters.

Are you sure it’s not the Judean Peoples Front?
Now don’t do it again

the 40

and 80

I love those frames, Craig.

-xtien