It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Since I just saw a Jeff Bridges movie, I’m gonna guess Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?

-xtien

He’s not bundled up enough for The Eiger Sanction.

Bridges scored an Oscar nomination for that role. I watched an interview the other day where he talked about his fears of being miscast in the role, and went to see Michael Cimino about backing out of the project. After listening to his concerns, Cimino said, “Jeff, you know the game tag? Well, you’re it! Anything you do is the character.”

It’s been a long time, so I don’t remember Kennedy appearing in the film, but I know that Gary Busey showed up somewhere!

Let @MrTibbs’ Cimino-loving self-kicking begin!

Cimino’s directoral debut. He wrote the script, Malpaso bought it, but Clint was too busy to direct and gave Cimino his shot. But Clint’s presence on set mitigated Cimino’s penchant for a billion takes a scene. Bridges indeed got a Supporting Actor nomination out of it. And it’s a really good film. I’d say it was a harbinger for success as a freshman effort.

And it’s shot on location in the same part of the country…Heaven’s Gate was filmed later.

Eastwood, Kennedy and Bridges (who was great in everything he was doing back then) as well as, as stated, Busey, Catherine Bach and Eastwood regulars like Geoffrey Lewis (above with Kennedy as “Goody” in the clip) and Bill McKinney (“Crazy Driver”). A Buddy/Action/Heist Flick with a heartbreaking ending. Gorgeous scenery. Great film.

In context with quotes:

The Twenty:

“Take it easy, you’re killin’ me!” “Where’d you get all the scars from?”

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

“The big dude’s a war hero, name’s Red Leary, saved my life once in Korea.”

The Roger Maris (61*):

You’ll get yours when this is over, one way or another!"

The 1hr21min20sec:

Getting the Anti-Tank Cannon in position

The Two Centuries:

“Okay boys, this is where I turn off unless you wanna see Warsaw.”

“Hell with the raccoon, get in the back seat, @ChristienMurawski!”

Damn, even as a Cimino apologist, I would’ve never guessed Thunderbolt & Lightfoot. :'(

The new twenty. So difficult.

-xtien

The Fabulous Baker Boys?

Bridges much? :)

Nice stealth edit, Mr. Guns.

Yes indeed it is, you funny Valentine.

The forty (“I would’a figured you for jockeys, Frank. New socks?”)

sixty-one (That’s what you get for makin’ whoopie.)

The eighty-whatever (I wish I’d never met you, boy.):

The one-hundred (Can I save this for the remake of True Grit?):

Boy, as much as I love Michelle Pfeiffer, listening to her sing is rough. It’s nice to see Jeff spray paint his brother’s scalp again, though.

You have the conch, @Navaronegun!

-xtien

“Frank, if somebody requested ‘Chopsticks’ you’d ask for the sheet music.”

The title should have been "Fabulous Baker Brothers". :)

Yes. But that doesn’t fit on the piano.

-xtien

“Oh forget it, I want The Mallory. You take the Travel Lodge.”

I watched that about a year ago and was gobsmacked. Even though I grew up in Seattle, I’d forgotten just how “small” this place was until it exploded in the 90s.

Nothing much has changed in this 20:20.

Man, that last frame, I could swear that’s Kurt Russell… I mean Paul Rudd… hmph, all white dudes look alike.

How dare you.

-xtien

Is it The Last Picture Show?

Show.

My bad!

A smoking hot Ellen Burstyn in The Last Picture Show. And to think she’s a side item in that movie to … a smoking hot Cybill Shepherd.

EDIT: Damn! Beat by Mr. Tibbs.

I approve of watching that, @Navaronegun.

That’d be a great Movie Club pick.

I think you’re on to something there. Nomination for next round?