It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

IncorreKansas!

I thought Sitting Bull was in color, but at any rate, that’s my first guess.

IncorreCuster!

Only if you’ve seen their first movie, Resolution.

-Tom

Those screenshots look indistinguishable from Resolution.

Maybe they broke the Salkind clause?

Noble efforts. Good earnest tries all the way around. Here is the Forty.

The heck … the 40 is throwing me off.

Gone with the Wind?

IncorreClarkGable!

Is it John Ford’s Fort Apache (1948)?

Still one of the best meditations on: the Military, America, America’'s role in the world, leadership, tactics, class, the egalitarian nature of the armed forces in relation to class/ethnicity in America, how that egalitarianism is looked upon with distrust by elites in America, Counterinsurgency, “Nation-Building”.

As well, as you know, the Frontier, the “taming” of the West, the genocide of Native Americans, etc. You know. Standard Western stuff.

Oh, and family.

Oh and John Wayne and Henry Fonda each give one of their finest screen performances.

The Roger Maris (61*):

Springing a trap.

The 1hr21min20sec:

Looking for Cochise.

The Two Centuries:

The Apaches appear.

The Beltway (202 Area Code):

Watching the Massacre.

“Take one? There won’t be more than one take, will there, @MrTibbs ?”

Great write-up, and one of Ford’s best films. After Fort, Henry Fonda took a 7 year break from the silver screen as he didn’t want to sign another long-term studio contract. His next film was another John Ford picture, Mister Roberts (1955), which Jack Lemmon won his first Oscar for, but it was a tumultuous shoot. Fonda and the director had a physical altercation and never worked together again.

The funny thing is Fonda speaks glowingly of him in the Directed by John Ford documentary. GLOWINGLY.

Okay, here’s an easy 20:20. :)

The Ruling Class?

I had a feeling you would get it straight away! Yes, it’s Peter Medak’s (The Changeling) peculiar The Ruling Class, which features an enjoyable, if theatrical, performance from Peter O’Toole.

Here are the rest of the frames.

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

120:120

140:140

I tip my hat to you, Navaronegun!

Well, it’s Peter O’Toole dressed up as Jesus Christ! :) That narrows it down.

New 20 in a few.

I love Steven Spielberg’s anecdote about meeting John Ford as a teenager. He offered pretty sweet advice!

This 20:20 thought home is just a place you start from.

The Hired Hand, Peter Fonda’s directorial debut made in the wake of Easy Rider’s success?