It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Gorgeous, sensitive film. Also with Warren Oates in a magnificent, touching performance and Verna Bloom from Medium Cool. Haunting Soundtrack by Bruce Langhorne. And mind-bogglingly gorgeous cinematography by Vilmos Zsigmond.

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

“Harry’s turned in.”

The Roger Maris (61*):

“He’s what you left me for, Harry.”

The 1hr21min20sec:

Before it all ends.

“He’ll go. it’s Just a matter of time.”
"Well, most things are ma’am. One way or the other, @MrTibbs "

Both of the movies you guys are posting look gorgeous. Marked for future watching. THiS is why we come to the frame game.

Thanks, Skipper.

Very nice shots! Warren Oates is outstanding in that film.

Now for something completely different. :) Here’s a new 20:20 for the Qt3 crew:

The Year of Living Dangerously. @MrTibbs we must break this chain…

I’m in agreement! It’s my mistake for picking films that contain Oscar nominated (in this case winning) performances in the initial frame. It’s Peter Weir’s last Australian co-production, The Year of Living Dangerously, before he rode the last wave and ditched the Antipodes for Harrison Ford.

(Sigourney enjoying the company of Mel, both of whom are terrific).

Over to uber cinephile, Nava.

if it’s a film about any conflict in South East Asia in the 20th century, I’ve probably seen it at least twice.

New 20 in a few.

Here is the latest 20:20.

Oh geez, is this Sergio Leone’s Duck, You Sucker?

Another part of the Fort Apache story was Ford’s relationship with John Wayne, to whom Ford could almost be described as an abusive father. This was especially true on the set of Fort Apache, where Ford rode Wayne mercilessly about not having served in the war. It got to the point where Fonda, who was a war vet, told Ford to knock it off.

It sure looks like a spaghetti western with that scenery. I can’t place it though. Not off the 20.

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

The Roger Maris (61*):

“You play that trick on me one more time I break your goddamn head!”

The 1hr21min20sec:

“the same fucking thing starts all over again!”

The Two Centuries:

Surveying the victims.

The Beltway (202 Area Code):

Ambushing the train.

"But what has happened to the poor people? THEY’RE DEAD!!! That’s your revolution… So please, don’t tell me about revolutions, @Jason_Levine "

Don’t forget that you did win, @Jason_Levine !

Put your patience pants on oh Rapid Fire Cannonade of the Aegean!

No rush, just making sure it didn’t get lost in the wash of my original post. :)

No problem. Here’s your new 20:20. I figured it’s time we left the Old West behind for a while:

Downhill Racer?

Molly’s Game

Hurray!

Molly’s Game?

Not Downhill Racer. The young Mr. Redford was a tad more coordinated.