It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Talk about going grandpa! Or in this case, grandma. That’s Felipa Gomez in Key Largo.

I thought it would be you, Mr. Levine. Well done!

It is Key Largo: the best of the Bogey-Bacall pictures, IMO…and that is saying something considering that list includes The Big Sleep.

“When your head says one thing and your whole life says another, your head always loses.”

I’ll try to get something up tonight, Central Time.

This should be pretty easy. New 20:

Eye of the Needle!

-Tom

Nope.

The Eagle Has Landed?

It is The Eagle Has Landed. Big name cast in a rather shaggy dog WWII tale about a Nazi attempt to kidnap Winston Churchill. Not too bad a flick, but it breaks its internal logic in the last act in order to go for a finishing twist.

40:40

60:60

80:80

100;100

120:120

Back to you, charmtrap!

Seeing that The Eagle Has Landed was directed by John Sturges and features such a strong cast makes me really want to seek the film out. War movies from the 60s and 70s rarely fail to entertain.

I spent my childhood trying to master Donald Sutherland’s dog whistle in that movie.

I’m gonna have to rewatch The Eagle Has Landed. I remember it as sort of Where Eagles Dare from the other side’s perspective. And I remember liking it a lot, but I haven’t seen it in many years.

New 20

Argh. I just realized I did The Namesake some years ago. I wondered why the shots looked familiar, but not enough to go double-check, I guess.

Disregard with apologies. Will post a new entry soon.

OK, new new 20:

Ma Flannigan’s, huh? So it’s set in Italy.

-xtien

Frahgeelee!

Dr. Phibes?

It is not Dr. Phibes (nor is it Italian).

House of Wax?