It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

No… just no. Very much not Titantic.

Warmer. The at least share some elements.

60:60, the uninteresting dumb kid main character

80:80 the big boss battle, now with more drunk Jackie!

Not a great movie, but one with good visuals, choreography, and cinematography. A lesser Jackie, but a fun one to watch two of the biggest movie masters do their thing.

Like he was some kind of Drunken Master… yeah, that movie could have been worse, especially with the uninteresting dumb white kid main character.

Here’s the next one. At popular request, no hints.

20:20

I’m gonna guess Miracle.

Goon?

Slap Shot?

It was an Olympic effort, and without me Russelling up any clues, either. You kept a lake placid demeanor, but would Herb Brooks no denial. It’s a…

It is Miracle, the story of, if you believe in the domino theory of statecraft, how the United States wound up winning the Cold War.

The 40:40

The 60:60

The 80:80

The 100:100

The 120:120

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! Go for it, charmtrap!

Hey, I won! That was a wild-ass guess.

Speaking of asses, a new 20 here, hidden behind a dropdown so as not to get anyone in trouble:

Summary

The Dreamers?

Not The Dreamers.

Oh damn, i’m sure what it is now. Quick, somebody else guess something completely wrong.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers?

Call Me By Your Name?

Sorry Bella.

-xtien

That’s gotta be it. And i just saw it two weeks ago…
Was pretty damn good as well, even though the Armie Hammer character i could see myself switching teams and going gay for would be Ord.

Ding ding, dingus takes it!

Easily one of the best movies of last year, and that’s saying something. There were a bunch of great movies last year, but very few of them had such emotionally open scenes.

Your go, @ChristienMurawski!

“I may have come close, but I never had what you two have. Something always held me back or stood in the way. How you live your life is your business, just remember, our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. And before you know it, your heart is worn out, and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now, there’s sorrow, pain. Don’t kill it and with it the joy you’ve felt.”

That quote is from one of my favorite scenes of last year, and really one of the most touching scenes I have ever seen between two such characters.

This movie totally surprised me, as I said when we did our Top Ten of 2017 podcast. I was expecting some tedious memoir type movie, and found a beautiful movie that was a revelation.

I’ll put up a new frame by this evening.

-xtien

“Well if you only knew how little I know about the things that matter.”

The new twenty:

-xtien

Brubaker?

Not Brubaker.

Whenever I hear that title I think of a person who makes bread with beer. Which…as it turns out…I do!

-xtien

The Shawshank Redemption (which I can’t believe hasn’t been done yet, but apparently not, unless this is it)?

Not Shawshank.

-xtien