It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

I have no idea what that is, but hopefully it doesn’t share meaning with In The Cut.

40:40

I probably wouldn’t have recognized this if it hadn’t been mentioned on yesterday’s podcast, reminding me that Peter Hyam’s son is also making movies: Universal Soldier - Day of Reckoning.

@BellaConfusione has it, it’s Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning.

I requested it as backup for Raw during last years drive, because I had major WTF did I just watch reaction, so I thought it’d be funny to throw them another curveball.

I rewatched it while trying to decide what to pick for this year’s fund drive and it’s still weird as fuck in its narrative choices, but also…kind of really good? The way Hyams cranks up the violence in order to lean into the horror of the premise makes me bummed out his Maniac Cop with Nicolas Winding-Refn appears to have fallen through.

60:60

80:80

100:100

I didn’t have much context as this is the only Universal Soldier i’ve ever seen, but i found it to be surprisingly well directed and it made really good use of van Damme - there are some close ups of him early on that are etched into my memory.

It became harder to follow as it went on, but it’s probably like picking up MGS V as your first game in the series and then trying to make sense of it all. Still, there was a lasting instensity to the movie that wasn’t even due to the rather pronounced violence.

I’ll try to have a new frame up later today if the newborn at home let’s me.

Haha, you’d think it’d be easier, but no.

I’ve seen the previous entry Regeneration (also by Hyams, and also very well directed, if way more straightforward) and there’s like a couple of movies’ worth of development missing that you just have to infer from what’s going on in the periphery.

Here is the new 20:20

Milk?

-Tom

Wow, that’s impressive - Milk is correct!

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

120:120

Over to you, @tomchick

Finally I win one!

It looked like a campaign office in the 70s, and the two arm-in-arm dudes in the background suggested it was related to gay rights. Also – and I swear I guessed before seeing this – doesn’t the yellow flier on the left say “MILK”?

Anyway, I rule! I’m a little rusty since you guys keep shutting me out with your musty ol’ grampa movies. But I’ll find some totally bitchin’ frames and post them shortly.

-Tom

Oops, it’s me, isn’t it? I’m so unaccustomed to winning. I was going to post frames from Below, but I see @anonymgeist has beaten me to it. I’ll find something else later today. It may or may not be about a haunted WWII sub with Zach Galafianakis in the crew.

-Tom

In what movie will you see this at the 20:20 mark?

-Tom

In the Heart of the Sea?

Isn’t that Merry? He doesn’t look very merry there.

Wolverine: Origins: The Two Towers

Looking at it on my phone, I didn’t think so. On my PC I’m not so sure.

In what movie will you see this at the 40:40?

-Tom

Lights Out?

Alfie Allen in “Dude, Where’s My Key Light?”

Look, at least it’s not from before everyone on this forum was even born!

-Tom

The Day?