It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Here’s the problem, this is exactly the type of movie I am more likely than most to have seen, and I can’t quite place it.

@Soren_Hoglund this is killing me!

No. C’mon. There are no Cardigans of Power in The Raid movies. (also, I’m pretty sure I did both of them already.)

I’m pretty sure that 20:20 man also appears in The Wailing and i’m absolutely certain that i have not see this.

Ohhhh, now I’m 94% sure I know it, but I’ve only seen the trailer so I’m not sure I should guess.

It does looks fucking mad, though.

Hey - if you know it, you know it. I’ve never let not seeing the whole movie stop me from guessing it, so please don’t let your scruples get in the way of me losing. :)

Alright then. Asura - City of Madness?

It was the mention of The Wailing that put “recent Korean movies” in my head. Sorry, Bella.

I’ve definitely not seen this and i’ve never even heard of your guess, so if it is correct i’ll be glad if i gave you a nudge.

Ding ding ding.

The trailer I imagine charmtrap is referring to:

Which I love. But then I would - it’s a violent Korean macho noir, with the tagline “Only the Most Evil Will Survive”. It’d have to actively self-immolate for me not to be in the bag for it.

Jung-min Hwang - the dodgy shaman from The Wailing - is kind of unrecogizable as the Cardigan of Power wearing mayor/villain and he’s fucking amazing. Also, he goes up against a DA played by Do-won Kwak, who was the bumbling protagonist of The Wailing. Increasingly battered between them is Woo-sung Jung, who I imagine most people know as the good from The Good The bad The weird.

Amusingly though, as far as I know the dude in the 20:20 has no part of The Wailing,

Over to you @charmtrap

Haha, oh boy. Well i’m glad i could help by being utterly wrong.

Man, this movie seems so on brand for me, yet I somehow missed its existence. Added to queue

New 20:

Oh, well that’s an easy frame. It’s the 20:20 from Grandma Needs Her Tonic.

Ah, Soren, I loved that guy in The Wailing! Watching him work was my favorite part of that movie. I also briefly wondered if the 20:20 was the protagonist from The Wailing, but he’s not quite schlubby enough so I knew it wasn’t The Wailing. Anyway, now that I’ve correctly guessed charmtrap’s frame, I’ll try to have something posted later today.

-Tom

You’ll be surprised to hear that it’s not that, Tom. Sorry, bro.

Brief Encounter?

-xtien

That’s the one. A recent Criterion blu-ray acquisition of one of the great screen doomed romances.

Your go, @ChristienMurawski!

Excellent pick, @charmtrap. I haven’t seen that in forever. I love David Lean.

I had a weird brain flip with that first frame, wherein I thought the actress in the foreground looked like an old Gloria Grahame, but there was no way she could be in this era movie given what age the actress looked like in the frame. So I was confused at first.

I’ll have a frame up soon today thanks to @marquac gently reminding me. :)

-xtien

This one is going to be really difficult. Good luck all.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The Fast and the Furious

Blade Runner 2049