It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Into The Forest?

Going by the 3x3 discussion and the scandinavian looking opening hours on the left, Thelma?

C’mon, Webb, that’s a pretty poor excuse for a forest in the background.

How on earth do those look Scandinavian? You’re cheating because of your heritage!

But, yes, it is indeed Thelma! And you’re gonna regret that you haven’t seen it because I’m about to show you a few frames from it. The 40:40, which spoils that there’s a scene in which you see the back of someone’s head:

Neon%20Demon%204040

The 60:60, featuring the little girl playing the young Thelma, who has an uncanny likeness to the woman playing the grown Thelma:

The%20Sitter%206060

The 80:80 of someone in front of a door, so now you know that’s going to happen.

How%20Stella%20Got%20Her%20Groove%20Back%208080

And the 100:100, which is arguably a bona fide spoiler, so I’ll put it behind a tag…

The%20Reincarnation%20of%20Peter%20Proud%20100100

…and instead present you with this frame of the captivating Miss Eili Harboe:

The%20titular%20Thelma

Over to you, Soren, with your insider knowledge of Scandinavian fonts or whatever.

-Tom

I saw Trier’s first movie, Reprise, on a friend’s recommendation and loved it. The same friend also recommended Oslo, August 31, but I’ve yet to see it.

The trick was realizing anglophone countries don’t spell Saturday with an L.

I’ll have something up after I get back from work today.

Then what’s up with Louder Than Bombs. I’ve never heard anyone say anything nice about it, although I realize now I’m conflating it with Incredibly Loud and Super Duper Close, or whatever that movie is called.

The synopsis for Oslo, August 31 makes it sound like a junkies-are-tedious movie. Do not want.

-Tom

I suspected as much. I’ve heard nothing about Louder Than Bombs.

Edit: I just ordered a used copy of Reprise, as I haven’t seen it in probably 10 years. Hopefully it holds up beyond the idealism of youth.

When you asked me whether I’d seen it, I thought you were talking about this horrible movie at first.

-xtien

Oof! That had to be one of the most cringe worthy movies I’ve ever watched halfway through.

It’s still a very good book, regardless.

Super hard 20:20 this one.

Pacific Rim?

-Tom

Idiots gave Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close an A-.

As for the frame, I’m pretty sure that’s La La Land.

I think you mean Moonlight.

Correct. I needed a reminder that someone nerding out and mashing his favourite childhood things together could be something other than plastic and Joyless after Ready Player One.

Also the 40:40 frame of Rinko Kikuchi

60:60

80:80

100:100

Everyone’s down for cancelling Armageddon.

120:120

You have the conch.

Pish, that 40:40 was the only good thing in that movie. I loved that scene. I wish she’d gotten more screen time than Charlie “Bland” Hunnam.

I’m off to find a frame that doesn’t have some secretly embedded Scandinavian shibboleth.

-Tom

In the 60:60 has Idris Elba turned away because the other guy is peeing?

In what movie will you see this at the 20:20?

-Tom

Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter?

But of course! And all the 20:20 frames feature Rinko Kikuchi. Dig:

The 40:40

The 60:60

The 80:80

I started to watch it again when I grabbed these shots, but I can’t bear it. That movie breaks my heart.

-Tom