It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Separate Tables, it is. Impressively done, Jason.

This is a terrific film I wasn’t very aware of until delving into Filmstruck’s back catalog and seeing Delbert Mann’s name got me to watch it. It was a nominated for a bunch of Oscars (and won a few), but seems to have largely faded from memory. Too bad, because it’s definitely become a favorite of mine.

It is your turn, @Jason_Levine

I like the way the stories of the various characters are intertwined. In an odd way, it reminds me of Faulkner’s As I Lay Dying.

New 20:20:

The Master?

No, not The Master.

Naked Lunch?

No, not Naked Lunch

Juggernaut?

EDIT: Never mind, I’m thinking of a different movie but having problems with recalling the name.

No correct guesses so far. Let’s add the 40:

No further guesses? The 60 should make this a lot easier:

Well, I know it’s not Last Man on Earth because it’s not black and white. That’s the only one of his movies I’ve seen. So I’ll go with, uh, The Abominable Dr. Phibes?

-Tom

Well, it is The Last Man on Earth, which I’ve never seen a black and white version of, so should we call it a Tom Chick win, of should I put up another set of frames?

In any case, here’s the last frame:

Jason. What are you doing?

Me and my dog at how you handled this:

SamLegend

-xtien

About as well as the Will Smith version handled it, I guess.

Am I the only person on Earth who loves that movie? I’m so sad about that.

-xtien

“I just…I was saving that bacon. I was saving it.”

Not only did the Will Smith version lose the whole point of Matheson’s story – a different kind of human society taking over – but that tacked on “happy” ending? Really?

Yes yes. I know. And I agree to an extent.

But Sam, Jason. Sam.

-xtien

I liked Sam, too, but, come on, I like dogs in a lot of movies.

Sam is the best dog in all of movies. How dare you.

-xtien

I’ll see your Sam and raise you two Astas.