It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Nope, and nope.

Party on, Garth!

60:60

Alrighty then

80:80

The Ottoman Lieutenant?

At first I thought that was me in the 60:60. Then I realized it was Josh Hartnett.

-xtien

Well, if anyone was going to get it… yeah.

Starring Josh Hartnett, replacement Daario from Game of Thrones, and Icelandic actress. In an overwrought WWI love drama set in Turkey. Man, remember when Hartnett was in all those big movies? Then he sorta retired, disappeared for a while, and is slowly coming back.

Here’s the final frame

I was wondering what that uniform was.

Overwrought is a good way to put it. I watched about an hour of it on youtube and I kind of felt like that was enough.

The new twenty:

-xtien

Columbus. One of my faves from last year.

We have a winner in DrCrypt.

Columbus was recommended, multiple times, by another good doctor. @Brooski spent months trying to get us to see it. I have to say it didn’t really work for me. I see that there is much to recommend in it, but it struck me as a thoroughly languid treatment of some of the same themes I appreciated more in Lady Bird.

The forty:

oasis40

sixty-one:

oasis61

The eighty-whatever:

oasis80

You have the conch, @DrCrypt!

-xtien

“Not a crisis of attention. But a crisis of interest.”

Irony.

The new 20:20…

Get Out?

-Tom

Nope! The 40:40 should help narrow things down.

The Drowning Pool?

Oh shoot I was wondering why there hadn’t been any new frames lately and just realized I wasn’t checking the new 2018 thread!

But to jump back a week to the discussion on the pace, one more frustration is that now you can’t screenshot Netflix/Hulu/iTunes movies on iOS—if you’re up to date (I think it started in iOS 10) there’s now a feature available for any content streamers that let them white out screenshots of video.

It makes it even harder for me to play, which I’m not using as an excuse, just something I wanted to vent about. It makes me sad.

There is a… trick that I’ve had to use. It’s not hard, but it is annoying, and I do lose a bit of the right edge of the screen.

Go to the frame you want to capture. Pause. Now double tap the button to bring up the app selection. Select something else. Double tap again, and scroll over the Netflix app with the frame, and screenshot that

Appreciate the suggestion, but that doesn’t work well anymore either.

Edit: If I drag up from the bottom to enable the switcher, if I hold one finger on the screen to keep the frame in place just as it starts to move, and manage with two other fingers to take a screenshot, I can sort of pull it off.

I really just hate that someone had the sway to get this anti-screenshot feature implemented.

Hey a screenshot I recognize!

Also, yeah. It’s not just iOS either, Netflix for Windows does it too.

Twilight? (Not the one with the vampires…)

Eh? Mine works.