It’s the 20:20 movie frame game of 2018!

Guys and Dolls, the new 20:20.

Not sure which one, but I have a few ideas

Tobruk?

Incorrommel!

Now I want to go home and watch Yes, Minister.

It looks a little like that shitty made-for-TV remake of Casablanca, but… Swing Kids?

Incorrechristianbale!

Soldier of Orange (1977)?

Incorrutgerhauer!

I love this title. The movie played at our little indie/revival movie theater in my college town, and the marquee called it Soldier of Ornage. So we always referred to it as Ornage.

That’s how we ended the banana knock-knock joke as well.

It’s just fun to say the word ‘Ornage’ (as long as you do a ‘shh’ sound for the ‘g’ of course).

-xtien

It’s been long enough. We are past multiple guesses and now @ChristienMurawski is riffing on Soldier of Orange. :) I feel immune from a @tomchick guilt trip.

The Olde English 800 (a Forty):

Is that Peter Falk? The Cheap Detective?

Wait a sec … first shot looks like Casablanca, second shot with Peter Faulk …

The Cheap Detective

Who else can play a comedy Humphrey Bogart.

Jinx. I think we both have to drink now. I’m drinking already so you catch up.

I’ve done the math and this reasoning checks out.

Uh. Is Peter Falk playing Lincoln in this?

-xtien

Haha, 'ornage you glad I didn’t say banana!" I love hearing people’s personal connection to films. I’m quite lucky to have recently moved to a city that has an amazing revival theater, so I feel completely spoiled for indie and foreign revivals at the moment.

P.S. Thank you so much for the podcast. I’ve listened every week since 2011 and it’s always a treat to hear your thoughts on the latest releases.

“La, la-la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la,-la-la, la-la-la-la-la- la! ” “And now just me!”

My (a little late) tribute to Neil Simon. A send up of every Bogart film done in fantastic fashion. If you love Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon, you need to see this film. Extra points for To Have and to Have Not and The Big Sleep. And Murder by Death.

Cast includes, in no particular order, because they are all hilarious and fantastic): Peter Falk, Ann-Margret, Eileen Brennan, Sid Caesar, Stockard Channing, James Coco, Dom DeLuise, Louise Fletcher, John Houseman, Madeline Kahn, Fernando Lamas, Marsha Mason, Phil Silvers, Abe Vigoda, Paul Williams, Scatman Crothers, David Ogden Stiers, Vic Tayback.

I’m gonna repost the 20 and 40 to get the quotes in context. Because they are hilarious.

The Twenty:

Marcel: Gentlemen, May I present Miss Betty de Boop from the Islands?
Colonel von Schlissedorff: Caribbean or Virgin?
Betty de Boop: Well, let’s just say I came back a Caribbean.
[All laugh]
Colonel von Schlissedorff: How delightfully gauche. I’ve always been enchanted with a lack of breeding. Permit me to introduce myself, I am Colonel Prinz Count Baron von Schlissedorff, German Military Attaché to Cincinnatti. [Gives Heil Hitler salute and clicks heels] .

The Olde English 800 (A Forty):

Jasper Blubber: In 1853 a little-known historical fact occurred. Twelve Albanian fishermen conquered China, Tibet and Mongolia!
Lou Peckinpaugh: My goodness, I didn’t know that.
Jasper Blubber: That’s because you didn’t study History in Albania.

The Roger Maris (61*):

Lou Peckinpaugh: All the pieces are beginning to fall into place, Angel. And I’ve got you to thank for it, kid.
Bess: Go ahead and Thank me, Lou! Thank me, here! Now! You’ve no Idea how long I’ve waited for a good Thank.

The 1hr21min20sec:

Pepe Damascus: It’s all your fault! Take all your little chickies, Lardass!

“Yes! I found that out a little too late,” @charmtrap

PS @Skipper Missed it by this much. :)

Boyoboy, that movie.

Fresh 20:

Nothing, cool!

40:

Breathless?