It’s the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2020!

Yup. Drive-by’s usually mean…abandonment.

Gentlemen, here’s your new 20:20 :

I’m pretty sure that’s David Warner in The Ballad of Cable Hogue.

I hate you @charmtrap

Aww, and I was gonna ask you out…

It’ll take a VERY nice dinner to get my forgiveness.

NARRATOR: Actually, it only took a sip or two of scotch to turn things around.

I can’t ever stay mad at him.

And you’re damn right, @charmtrap !

" - How do you spell Cable?"
- Well, if you’re bogging down on Cable, wait till you get to Hogue!"

40:40

60:60

80:80

100:100

Speaking of David Warner and western-period films, I saw this last month. Adaptation of the Stephen Crane short story. Only an hour. VERY well worth the viewing.

I do always enjoy a good “stranger gets off a train” movie. I’ll have to look for it.

New frame in 60.

That and the adaptation of Paul’s Case by Willa Cather starring an amazing young Eric Roberts are the two standouts from that series.

Pekinpah always warms my heart in this thread.

Wondering if you guys do the same thing I do when watching movies now … “man this would be a great frame game pick!”

Sometimes. For those two I mentioned above absolutely. They are masterfully shot too. However they’re Short stories adapted to film so you get like Two frames up for an obscure title…guaranteed losers.

I should mention I also watched, “Duck, You Sucker,” last night and laughed when reading you had picked that. What a strange spaghetti western that was.

So this is a collection of movies that are adapted from short stories? I will try to find these two movies you recommend.

They’re on Amazon.

Yeah, I know, right? Dark comedy too. I mean Leone’s others have that element but it’s peeking over the top on that one. Pretty cynically awesome (IMO) about the nature of revolutions and professional revolutionaries.

But it was slow to show that part. So as you ease into the movie (nearly the first hour?) you have those strange laughs at the expense of some of the characters, then it unveils the revolution aspect of it. Nothing is quite as straightforward as it seems.

OK, new 20: