It Takes Two - A coop adventure

Been playing this with my sister and it is an amazing game. I really liked A Way Out also, but this is just gaming perfection. The only caveat I have is if a divorce situation is a trigger for you. Granted, that’s just where the story starts.

Two millions sold now

Girlfriend reviews made a video about it, and well, given they are a couple, it feels very appropriate for them

Thinking about picking this up to play with my girls (12 & 9) but I’ve read there might be some heavier themes in this game. Anyone here played it can comment on that? Appropriate for younger girls?

Yeah, no problems. Tthere is a kinda mean moment, but it’s more played for laughs than anything.

I’m playing it with my 13 year old son with no problems and girls are supposed to be more mature so…

5M now
https://twitter.com/HazelightGames/status/1489574089564073985?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1489574089564073985|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

I think actually winning the GOTY award from the Geoff’s VGA actually helped in the last months.

Picked this up to play with my young adult daughter. We both think the puzzles are on the easy side. Neither of us can understand why they used the depressing story and … well other story related critiques. I don’t get the extremely high praise the game has gotten. Hard to find good local coop games, but this one was a miss for us.

We played Sackboy a couple months ago and had a much better time.

Yeah, I played this with my son and we had issues with some of the story beats. The gameplay itself was just ok, but we lost steam and never completed it. I will check Sackboy so thanks for that. Is hard to find local pc coop games.

I played with my daughter and we also had issues with the story beats. Mainly, however, I cannot freaking stand the nonstop bickering between the main characters. This is a hard pass for me.

Yeah, I started it with my daughter and found the tone and story really unpleasant and offputting.

For my SO and I, we gave up once the puzzles started ramping up in difficulty and required split-second timing. It was too frustrating for someone who isn’t used to a game controller (we played it on the PS4).

This type of game really needed some sort of “go easy on me, I’m a casual gamer!” difficulty mode.

We did finish A Way Out, their co-op prison break game. That game had a couple rage-quit moments but we persevered and finished it. We enjoyed it overall.

My six year old niece was able to beat the game, although we had to swap controllers in some parts (where I judged her part was harder than mine). You have infinite lives, as long as one of the players remain alive.

I’ll keep that in mind the next time my fiance and I play a co-op game like this. “Come on honey, it’s not that hard, a six year old could beat this game!”.

I’m sure that would go over well. :)

I’m surprised to see such negativity about this game. My 12 year old and I played through, and it was perhaps the best co-op video game experience I’ve ever had. The game is full of imagination and charm. It continually reinvents itself with new mechanics, and then lets them go before they get tiresome. We spent a lot of time playing in the world and competing in the side minigames. The game was occasionally challenging for us, but never frustrating. I felt like it was the closest I’ve seen a game come to Pixar-level polish and quality.

I do agree with two common criticisms: the accent of the “book” character was pretty cringey, and “that” emotional beat seemed a little heavy compared to the tone of the rest of the thing. But otherwise it felt near-perfect. My daughter is a somewhat casual gamer, but this was one of the rare games that she would ask to play every night after dinner.

We liked it so much that I decided to let her play A Way Out with me (which is definitely not for kids, but I made the judgement call since I would be playing with her). And we loved that too, in a very different way. We still talk about that one.

Heh heh, don’t forget to add that she isn’t even one of those kids who have been playing almost since they were babies, she doesn’t have a console at home, so she only plays when she visits (which is fairly common, to be fair). She struggled with the dual stick concept, like all the noobs. We beat Super Mario 3D World just before, that helped a lot on learning playing platform games.

About the cutscenes… just skip them people.

Except the one with the elephant, of course.

Game is 75% off on Steam.