It will cost you a grand for permission to spend another $27,000 on Star Citizen

Title It will cost you a grand for permission to spend another $27,000 on Star Citizen
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When May 30, 2018

Star Citizen is offering a $27,000 pack that includes almost every ship and goodie the game has for sale. The Legatus Pack, includes 117 in-game ships and 163 virtual extras like models, fish tanks, ship add-ons, decorative posters, and land claim parcels..

Read the full article

Criminals. Fuck Chris Roberts.

The spaceship in the lead in picture looks awesome!

Finally, a seriously good place to use the word inconceivable.

That one is $400 USD.

I want it to burn, but I don’t want it to take space gaming along with it.

Ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is “Never get involved in an FPS in a space sim”.

Anybody want a peanut?

You have to be a true seeker to appreciate Roberts’ work. And as they say, there’s a seeker born every minute.

Yup!

I don’t understand who their target market is. Mentally ill rich people? What’s the deal?

I think the police should investigate them for money laundering. This would be the perfect way to hide cash, with the Kickstarter and everything. They have so much money now these moves makes no sense. Im not joking, they must be criminals.

People who want the next Wing Commander game and are suckers for nostalgia. That’s what got all of us in at first.

I understand that, but that’s like maybe $60.

But they keep selling images of the dream, and to many, that dream is alluring. Plus nostalgic geeks have money, so…

Wow…

Exactly. I’m probably more nostalgic than most people, but this entire Star Citizen thing has seriously been blowing my mind. Yeah, okay, 50 or 60 bucks for a good nostalgia fix.

If Roberts really cared about people, he would be requiring a proof of income statement and/or a mental health evaluation before accepting orders of this magnitude for a goddamn game. There has got to be a lot of folks that have have sunk a ton of money into this scheme that really cannot afford to. I really wonder how many of his customers have gone seriously into debt on this thing.

Yeah. At this point I’m hard pressed to see the difference between him and Nigerian scammers.

Lol I’m not sure why they use the word concierge unless it’s just supposed to sound fancy and important?

What a bunch of greedy bastards.

The end-game (pun intended) for Chris Roberts is when the last dollar is spent and all employees are laid off, and the last janitor sweeps an empty office. Star Citizen will never be finished. The thing is, it doesn’t qualify as a scam if Chris Roberts always believed in it. Thus, it is a ‘boondoggle’. Not to be confused with a Moondoggie.