It's all about the salad. Martha Stewart crap

Last week Martha Stewart appeared on the CBS morning show – I guess she makes a weekly appearance. She cooks or does crafty stuff. She’s not going to appear this week on the show.

"It means there will be no repeat of her memorable appearance on the program last week, when Stewart continued to chop cabbage for a salad as host Jane Clayson asked her questions about alleged insider trading.

“I want to focus on my salad, because that’s why we’re here,” Stewart said then."

That’s great! I’m sorry I missed it. The host is pressing her about the stock stuff and Martha Stewart continues to chop cabbage, probably looking at the camera and describing what she’s doing and ignoring the questions. That had to be a classic TV moment. We groundlings love seeing the rich and famous squirm.

I saw a snippet of it. It was priceless. She was holding up her little ingredients paper as I remember it when she said, “I want to focus on my salad.” She was totally caught off guard.

I hope she is made an example of and punished to the fullest extent of the law. The b****.

Yeah, I read the article, too. I would’ve loved to have seen that, as well.

“We groundlings love seeing the rich and famous squirm.”

You are so right. But I don’t think it’s all the rich and famous. I just there are a lot of men out there who can’t stand Martha Stewert, and are just really enjoying the situation. The jokes are already flying about how she’s going to decorate her cell, and I don’t think she’s even been formally indicted yet. Has she?

I hope she is made an example of and punished to the fullest extent of the law. The b****.

Yeah, I’m sure she will be. Simultaneously, people like Ken Lay and George W. Bush (in the 90s it was determined that he was guilty of exactly the same sort of insider trading, and for much more money than Martha made off with, but the federal government chose not to pursue the matter… could have had something to do with the fact that his dad was president) walk the earth scott free, and will probably continue to do so. So pardon me if I don’t take up the cry: “There IS justice in the world!”…

Actually, there isn’t justice in this case. For some completely insane reason, both the media and the attorney’s office are focusing on indicting her a lot more than the CEO OF THE COMPANY WHO DUMPED LIKE ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS IN STOCK BEFORE IT CRASHED DUE TO INSIDER INFORMATION.

Yes, it deserves to be in caps.

I saw a different clip of that morning show on my local late night news. It was hilarious. Martha was wielding a huge butcher knife, very intensely slicing up some poor vegetable that she obviously wished was her interviewer’s heart. Martha just said she was sure she would soon be exonerated.

Our local anchor came back with, “That’s why my policy is never to interview someone holding a knife.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if she never appears on the show again.

I understand. I am pretty sure the Worldcom, Global Crossings, Xerox,(…the list continues) folks will tie it up in court until the world ends and never spend one night in the pokey.

By prosecuting a high profile crook, It is my hope that enough light will be continuously shined on all of these bastards and one day they will all get what they deserve. Or at the very least burn in an everlasting hell, or rot in eternal damnation, or flounder in the void, or spend an eternity in limbo or whatever your personal afterlife views are.

I guess I came across as a crusader for all that is good and just in my brief post above. I know there is not equal justice for all in this country and citizens with more power and money always seem to get away with just a little bad press and millions of dollars.

If I can let loose on Martha Stewart, who is worth $100,000,000 and by breaking the law saved a measley $275,000, then I will take what I can get for now. :)

“Last week Martha Stewart appeared on the CBS morning show – I guess she makes a weekly appearance. She cooks or does crafty stuff.”

Which in my mind makes this a completely tacky move on the part of CBS, if they didn’t warn her beforehand that there was going to be an interview. Presumably she prepared for her weekly presentation, put together a recipe to show, and then they pretend to be investigative reporters all of the sudden instead of letting her do what she was there to do. No show that has a weekly cooking segment deserves to consider itself a home for serious investigative reporting. It was a cheap stunt.

I saw a couple of reports the day before Martha’s appearance on the Today Show that they were going to ask her about the Imclone stuff during the cooking segment. So, what you saw was her best effort at spin control, not an ambush.

It isn’t fair. Some guy can rob a 7-11 of $50 and do years of hard time, and these execs get yelled at by the courts and then walk away with millions.

And yeah, I saw that bit about Bush. He dumped nearly a million in stock right before some bad news about the company was released and the stock price plummeted. He was never exonerated by the courts, just not prosecuted.

I found one of the stories that mentions Martha knew the questions were coming: http://www.msnbc.com/news/774185.asp

However, she must feel it went poorly (duh) because today she hired a PR firm that is known for handling crises, and then canceled her next scheduled cooking segment on The Early Show.

Some Joe Blow sells cocaine to another Joe Blow, gets busted in a sting, and goes to jail for 20 years, when a child molesting murderer gets out in 15 (or hell, 12 for good behavior).

Now, Mark, tell me which is more unfairfair. Robbing a 7-11 for $50 and doing more time than a corporate exec who walks away with millions, or some guy doing more time than a murderer because he sold drugs.

Think about that, think long and hard.

Well, if the current “legalize mother nature” vote on the ballot passes in Nevada (which has some of the nastiest penalties of any state for posession and sale) then it’s going to rock the entire war on drugs. Shit, we’re going to have our own little amsterdam in the desert.

It isn’t fair. Some guy can rob a 7-11 of $50 and do years of hard time, and these execs get yelled at by the courts and then walk away with millions.

I wouldn’t even be so mad about getting away with the millions. These guys not only get away with their own loot, but they leave hundreds of thousands of other people, the groundlings who work for them, busted. Destroyed pension plans, wntire retirement accounts, in many cases dozens of years, or an entire life of saving, gone.

I do want these guys to suffer for what they’ve done. They inflict pain and suffering on a massive scale, with no liability.