It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Oohhh, so she just had no nametag at all? Huh…

Yeah, I thought so at first too but why all of a sudden call her Nikki Potnick when they always call her the waitress.

One episode Dennis even says he doesn’t even know her name (season 3 I think)

I’ll have to dig deeper in to this to be sure :-)

It makes sense, honestly. That she’s THAT forgettable that she wouldn’t even have a nametag at all.

One of the casts’ twitter feed stated flat out that nicki potnick wasn’t the waitresses name.

I can think of no higher civic purpose for a library.

Season 13 has begun. Episode 1 has Mindy Kaling. Episode 3 ruthlessly mocks the Ghostbusters reboot. Pretty good so far…

I love this show :)

Did you see S13E3: “The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot” yet?

Haven’t started the season yet!

Yep, this show has been consistently excellent since season 1 and I look forward to it every year! I’m not quite caught up as I haven’t watched last night’s ep yet, but I loved the Ladies Reboot last week. So amazing.

They really scorched the Ghostbusters Reboot, didn’t hey? As well as some shade thrown at Melissa McCarthy. I was amused.

I’m all for gross-out humor, and don’t really find it any more (or less) funny when women do it. Women can totally be funny when not ancillary to men, Bridesmaids and Trainwreck were both awesome flicks.

Ghostbusters 3, though, that was mediocre.

I agree.

What I loved about the episode was that they did all that. But it was ORIGINAL! And FUNNY! That was the shade. It was marvelous. Artemis Pebdani is a comedic genius.

It almost feels like a time warp to see comedy used as commentary on taboo or awkward subjects. It’s not mean-spirited or spiteful, just a witty send-up of the tropes we’re all used to. And no one has to freak out.

I loved Dee’s gleeful time’s up dance with popcorn and soda.

Dennis, their phones said they were consenting. I have the proof, so you can’t come at me.

“get your hand off my knee!”

Great commentary regarding what thrilled me so much about “The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot”.

Artemis and the Waitress criticize the plan because rather than just copy the men, they want to come up with a different, better plan that’s based on a “badass woman.” Dee counters with an argument that many a Hollywood executive has probably stated with confidence before: “It’s the same exact thing, but it’s with women, right? So it’s a new idea.”

Well the season finale sure was something. I’m surprised I’m giving a spoiler warning for Always Sunny, but if you haven’t already read about the season 13 finale, try to watch it before you get spoiled.

If you have seen it, wow. Good article about it on Vulture too.

Yeah, no spoilers, but that was pretty great, and you can understand why Rob Mcelhenney got so jacked now.

It was spell-binding, and a really bold thing to come from Always Sunny.

I am going to wait at least until next week to talk in detail, but wow.

I randomly tuned in right in the middle of… the scene. It took me a while to realize that this was actually IASIP, and that was actually Mac. That was just astounding. I felt like standing up and applauding along.

Now I need to catch up on the 90% of the season preceding that scene :)