It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

From that abortion episode, courtesy of IMDB:

Megan: [Mac at an anti-abortion rally to pick up women while screaming at the doctors] It’s a Child, not a choice!
Mac: Pro-Choice is Pro-Death!
Megan: Wow, great line.
Mac: Thank you.
Megan: You’re really hardcore, huh?
Mac: Yeah, well… If you wanna see hardcore, check this out.
Megan: What is this?
Mac: That’s a list of doctors I’m gonna kill.
Megan: There’s two already crossed out.
Mac: Yeah, I know.

I picked up the DVD’s for 1&2 on the recommendation of a friend, and I think there’s a lot of potential so far. The abortion episode and Carmen really sealed the deal, I think. Looking forward to starting S3 when I get done with this.

S3 has been pretty flat so far unfortunately. A couple chuckles, but none of the gut-busting can’t-laugh shit from S1/S2.

Tonight’s episode (where their mom dies) was a riot.

The real map.

Bringin’ it back Bitches!

Not having cable, I haven’t been able to keep up on this - I had seen the Gang Gets Held Hostage episode and thought it was funny, even if I couldn’t tell what was going on.

So when I espied the Season 1 DVD at the videostore I jumped on it.

The first season is great hilarious stuff and manages to skirt the Larry David cringe factor even when the subject matter is radioactive (see the above Abortion episode quote for example). I’ll be scouring the internets for more episodes.

BONUS: At the end of Zodiac (the movie), they bring in the kid who was shot at the beginning, who is now an alcoholic drifter with mental problems, who is played by the McPoyle brother* (Jimmi Simpson)! I knew I knew him but couldn’t place him, which nuts me up, so watching the Always Sunny on DVD saved me from a nutting - or a forkstabing, whichever.

*Liam - thanks IMDB

I just began watching the first two seasons of this on DVD and I absolutely love it. SO freaking funny.

[B]It’s Always Sunny in Outer Space
New sci-fi comedy from the Philadelphia creators.

[/B]

March 14, 2008 - The creators of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia will trek from Paddy’s Irish Pub to outer space for their next series. Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton have signed a two-year overall deal with 20th Century Fox, and the first project to come from it is Boldly Going Nowhere, says Variety.

The comedy/sci-fi pilot, which is being developed for the FOX network, is about the everyday life of a spaceship captain, following what happens in-between missions. McElhenney tells Variety, “We grew up watching shows like Star Trek, anything having to do with the future, and it was always about the adventures they’d go on. We thought it would be funny to watch what goes on in between those adventures, when they’re waiting for the next big thing to happen. How do they keep themselves busy?”

The initial idea for the show came from Adam Stein, a writers’ assistant on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, who will share a “written and created” by credit on the project with McElhenney, Day and Howerton. The pilot for Boldly Going Nowhere won’t be shot until October, so that work can be completed first on Season 4 of Sunny, which McElhenney, Day and Howerton also star on.

FOX is showing a lot of enthusiasm for Boldly Going Nowhere, ordering not just the pilot episode, but five more scripts. Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly tells Variety, “I wish it was less rare that when you get a comedy script, you laugh out loud. This really felt like a bull’s-eye for Fox. It’s a concept I’ve seen developed before badly, many times. These guys nailed it.”

A Red Dwarf type show made by actually funny Americans? I’m in. I just wish they were starring in it too.

This is a resurrection that has paid off! I wonder if the fellahs will be able to be as funny without societal norms to exploit.

It’s always Sunny is now up on Hulu.

Thanks but is it the uncensored show?

Yeah. You’ll need to create an account to get to it.

The movies are uncensored as well btw.

Are we getting a new season anytime this decade?

I don’t mind them coming out slow if they keep the quality up.

I haven’t seen every episode of season 3 but it seemed uneven.

The writer’s strike cut Season 3 really short. I don’t know if it’s been renewed for a 4th.

Do I have to do all the work?

In June 2008 Season 4 teaser commercials began running on FX with the date September 18, implying that Season 4 will begin on Thursday, September 18.

They’re showing these on the Hulu episodes.

Huzzah!

Indeed. Excellent.

FX has been running bumps for season 4.
9-18-08!!!

Thanks to PlayOn & Hulu, i’ve seen almost all of the episodes over the long weekend. Awesome stuff. First season is my favorite but they are all good. Mac Bangs Dennis’ Mom though was comedy gold.