It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Mac crashing the car into the wall had me in tears. This is such a consistently great show.

Yeah, it’s been on a tear this season. The waitress going off the wagon in last weeks episode was awesome. As was Dee’s attempt at shoplifting. I wasn’t crazy about the “Who Pooped the Bed” A plot. But when Dee and the girls came into the bar to find Charlie squating over a newspaper in the middle of the floor… laughed so hard.

But I think the two-parter about Mac and Charlie faking their deaths was just about the best the show has ever been. The shadow of Dennis’ prick emerging from the glory hole nearly killed me.

Who Pooped the bed was good, except for the Artemis-as-Poirot bit at the end. Minor characters need to be used in very small doses - there’s too much for the maincast to do.

I loved Charlie as the voice of reason after Mac hits his head and decides he needs to wear the wedding dress the whole time.

As always I’m a week behind so maybe they turned it around this week, but Sweet Dee has a Heart attack was the worst epidode ever. Just terrible.

The previous week “…An Erotic Life” was pretty weak, Sinbad and Sweet Dee dry heaving on a mic being the exceptions.

They seem to be in mid Shark Jumping mode this season. The Pooped the Bed episode was terrible, Dee’s pratfall being about the only funny moment.

The earlier seasons plots and themes (Charlie’s pursuit of the waitress, Dee and Dennis’ relationship to Frank) are mentioned in passing but don’t drive anyone’s motivation. The exception being “Mac is Banging the Waitress” which was one of the better episodes, if for nothing else because it didn’t tack on tangential Sweet Dee or Frank (who is being wasted as a weird clown now, isn’t that Charlie anyway?) stories.

Anyway, here is a interesting article about Sunny and Testees (which looks very bad to me, very very very bad).

Testees is horrible, I can’t imagine it lasted this long.

I don’t know, a lot of people seem to be hating this season. It seems to me they’re just sort of coasting. Nothing brilliant, but overall good. I liked the 1776 one a lot, though, especially since all of the characters seemed to know they didn’t belong there.

Yeah, but no matter what happens, the best episode so far is the Gas Crisis one and it’s from this season.

WILDCARD BITCHES, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

I thought “Paddy’s Pub: The Worst Bar in Philadelphia” is one of the best episodes of the series so far and a great ep to introduce the series to a newcomer.

“Charlie if I was going to break the window I’d obviously do it with a roundhouse kick”

There are good moments in even the worst episodes. It just seems like they are having trouble stringing together coherent whole episodes. And everyone just acts weird to act weird. The Gang is now a lot weirder than the McPoyles.

Check out “Charle Got Molested” off of HULU for a great episode to introduce the show. Or “Charlie Goes America…”

I’m looking forward to the 1776 episode though.

I’ve always been partial to “Charlie Wants an Abortion”. I believe it’s Season 1, Episode 2, and I think it’s both the best episode and a good introduction to the show. “Gun Fever” is good, too.

Charlie Wants an Abortion is the episode that convinced me that I really do love the show.

Charlie Got Molested is brilliantly funny, especially the creepy uncle.

Charlie goes America is probably my favorite, though.

Oh man last night was an awesome episode.

Day Man, aaaaahhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I actually didn’t feel like the play delivered what I was hoping it would. The ending (of the play) was good, and I liked the first shots of Mac in costume, but most of it didn’t really do it for me.

I want to go back and rewatch the old episode that mentioned the Nightman, because I really liked the “Charlie is a musical savant” angle, which wasn’t played up in this episode. Like, people were surprised that he wrote a musical, but not that he can write a musical…

edit: Here is the clip I’m referring to (on Hulu). You have to be logged in to watch it, though. Yeah, and you can watch the original Day Man song there, too. All the good stuff from last night’s episode was actually written last season, I think.

Yeah. I think I was mostly excited to see the song come back. I loved the play, though, with the reaction shots of the Waitress and “dude, you’re skipping the same line again!”

Meh. I liked last weeks “The Gang Gets Extreme: Home Makeover” much better. Still, the Nightman song has an uncanny tendency to get stuck in my head.

This show is still on the air? For some reason I thought it got canceled and everyone was reminiscing about the first season.

I had that damn night man song stuck in my head for a week…

and now it is back again.

Night Man
http://www.hulu.com/watch/17681/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-night-man

Day Man
http://www.hulu.com/watch/17666/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-day-man

Also, if you haven’t seen the show… 100% of it is on Hulu, and that is how I have seen all of it.

It’s guaranteed through season 5. It’s been a solid success for FX.

Loved that they brought back the Dayman song. Mack getting frustrated by the laughs was really funny, as was the whole “tiny boy” angle. Totally did not see the proposal coming.

I do think the Extreme Makeover episode was fantastic, too. The menacing attempts at communication in Spanish was pretty good.

Extreme Home Makeover is extremely funny (ha ha)

And I liked Cracks the Liberty Bell too nice to seem them stretch a bit.

Only caught a few minutes of the Day Man Play but it looked pretty funny.

Nice to see they are still putting out some strong episodes after some of the stinkers (literally ha ha! I’m on Fire!) earlier in season.

Cut scene/song from the season finale:

Just saw the season finale…

amazing.