It's easier than ever to get drunk and lose your job in Victoria 2

Title It's easier than ever to get drunk and lose your job in Victoria 2
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games
When September 9, 2011

Victoria 2 is one of Paradox's greatest games partly because it's great, but partly because it has such a unique sense of identity. No game models the interplay of population and politics quite so cannily as Victoria 2..

Read the full article

Man, I wanted to love Vicky 2, and part of me really does, but the economy and POP systems were so broken on release I had to give it up. There have been several patches, so maybe I ought to give it a go again.

I wanted Pride of Nations to scratch that itch, but it runs atrociously on my pc.

That was my problem also, JA. If it weren't for their new Sudoku game, or whatever it's called, I'd probably be loading up this beta patch right now. Of course, we get the American Civil War expansion in January, so there's that to look forward to as well. I suppose Vicky 2 isn't going anywhere.

And, yeah, Pride of Nations was a colossal disappointment.

That was my problem also, JA. If it weren't for their new Sudoku game, or whatever it's called, I'd probably be loading up this beta patch right now. Of course, we get the American Civil War expansion in January, so there's that to look forward to as well. I suppose Vicky 2 isn't going anywhere.

And, yeah, Pride of Nations was a colossal disappointment.

The recent patches have gone a long way to making the gameplay hold up to Victoria II's ambitious premise. Of course, I have been playing the PDM, user-made modification since 1.2, and that also includes a lot of game-balancing content with a healthy (but not exorbitant) amount of new content..

How does Vic 2 compare to the Imperialism games? Those were two of my favorites, but are both ultimately dragged down by broken mechanics in each.

Sudoku. I lol'd.

Sengoku does look interesting, but I have much less knowledge of feudal Japan than I do of European history, so it's harder for me to relate to. I'm looking at it more as a stop-gap to tide me over till Crusader Kings 2. maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sudoku. I lol'd.

Sengoku does look interesting, but I have much less knowledge of feudal Japan than I do of European history, so it's harder for me to relate to. I'm looking at it more as a stop-gap to tide me over till Crusader Kings 2. maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.