It's that time of the year again...

My only contribution (other than a hearty CONGRATS to Rich and Scott!) is that the new XS is supposed to be pronounced “10-S” and not “Excess”…

Relax, just do it. . .

This is not a thing. This is going to be a thing, isn’t it?

Well, that’s what you get for ignoring me, you monster.

Scott with your guys’ relationship you need to call him by his first name… Cacodemon.

Cacodemon U. Monster, Attorney at GRAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW *munch munch munch*

Dude, even John Gruber says “Excess.” That’s when you know it’s a lost cause.

Yeah, it’s terrible product naming. I can get the iPhone X being a 10, although I still call it “Ex” in my head. But with the letter S following the X, which does not occur in Roman numerals, there is absolutely no chance the vast majority of people won’t call this the iPhone XS. Which may be true in that Apple does represent a certain amount of excess spending for its goods, is not the kind of thing you really want as your main marketing message. But what do I know? They probably focus groupped the hell out of it.

The XS Max gets me, "it’s Max Xtra Small

That’s hard to imagine. Any focus group would say to just call it the iPhone 10s. That iPhone X thing is just pretentious nonsense.

Where did he say this?

Apple never leaks anything on purpose. What possible advantage could they have? When they announce something themselves, they can control the message. When it’s leaked accidentally, they have no control over how it’s interpreted. Trust me, advance leaks provide no benefit to Apple.

Anyone use square trade instead of AppleCare? Thoughts?

No doubt Apple purposely leaks all the time. When they want to generate hype, let people know something or other is coming, etc. They very much so control the message with the leaks. Trust me, they have their reasons.

I agree with @LeeAbe here - I don’t really care one way or another how companies want to get their new SKU’s out there, but I think they would have done it themselves given the “leak” drummed up interest and generated discussion before the event. The timing itself is a bit suspicious, given they would want lots of folks to see what was going on with the product and the leak happened just before the stream started. Good way to get their viewing numbers up to show investors, no? Now, DID they leak it on purpose, or was an an honest mistake by a server admin? It’s honestly hard to say (and not really interesting, to be fair) but I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as “no way they would ever do it on purpose”, either.

The leak was “bigger watch, S update for iphones, cheaper iPhone X with a LCD, and a XS+”. I mean, none of that was actually interesting or cool.

The only cool innovations announced today were the Apple Watch fall detection and cardiac stuff.

If my 7 plus wasn’t doing just fine I’d be taking a serious look at the XR 128GB.

If I didn’t want the larger phone, I would definitely go for the XR over the XS. OLED is nice enough, but I really can’t tell the difference unless I hold it up next to a LCD screen.

You meant “hate” right? I’m certain you did.

Maybe, but not the case here, imo. They literally announced nothing that anyone that cared enough to look didn’t already know.

@stusser there was more than that. There were pictures of everything already online last night. They guessed the file names based on history. That was not an intentional leak, imo.