It's the 20:20 Movie Frame Game of 2019!

Indeed it is. No video today; they are all inappropriate. I figured that if the 20 didn’t give it away, the 80 would. Ms. Deneuve made me think of Ms. Rampling for some reason.

The Forty

The Sixty

The Eighty

The One Hundred

“Tell me what to do. Tell me where to go. Tell me what to do.”, @MrTibbs

I’ll have a new 20:20 up this evening.

I just find it so interesting that Europe was producing these really interesting women auteurs during the 1960s and 1970s like Lina Wertmuller, Chantal Auckerman, and Larisa Shepitko, while outside of Elaine May, actresses-turned filmmakers, and a few one offs and oddities like Claudia Weil and Barbara Loden, Hollywood was shockingly far behind. Did you know that a Directors Guild of America committee found that out of the 7,332 feature films released by major distributors between 1950 and 1980, only 14 were directed by women? Obviously, that’s just talking about commercial cinema, which ignores the independent sphere that has a better record of employing women, but that’s still appalling.

In what movie do you see this cool pair at 20:20?

Crickets… Here’s the 40:40 :)

Is she singing? It looks like she’s singing. I’mma guess Oklahoma. That’s a musical, right?

-Tom

I can confirm the presence of music, but this isn’t Oklahoma. If you could overlook the grandpa appearances, I’m certain you would love this film, Tom.

Touch of evil?

Extremely good eye for the time period, but it’s not Welles final studio film.

It’s 60:60 time!

Polish. Wajda. Ashes and Diamonds. Kicking myself I didn’t recognize the hipster glasses-wearing Cursed Soldier in the 20.

If Brendan Gleeson had a father who was an actor, this guy would be him. Unfortunately neither of those things is true. I’m drawing a blank here.

Navaronegun comes through! It’s the classic Ashes and Diamonds (1958), set on the last day of World War II in Poland. You would think it would be cause for relief and celebration, but factions within the country, the Red Army and the Polish Home Nationalist Army, are still fighting. The hipster guy also starred in another Polish classic, the trippy Saragossa Manuscript, and was often compared to James Dean (he unfortunately died young in a transportation accident, too).

80:80

100:100

Over to Nava!

Wait wait wait, Brendan Gleeson doesn’t have a father‽

Ah man, Wadja. I was trying to figure out which neo-realist film that was.

This is the new Twenty:

Bridge of Spies?

Spies Like Us?

The Bridge?

IncorreCheckpointCharlie!

IncorreChevyChase!

IncorreKnight’sCrossoftheIronCross!

Maybe? There are many “The Bridge”'s in film. However this is none of them.

Time for another clue.

The Forty: