It's time for a Paramount+ thread

Every time I watched a Reign away game last season, I would try to turn off the captions, which just get in the way for sports, and I’d often give up in frustration. It’s a bit of a relief that they’re not the only streamer this season.

Finally got around to watching the Finestkind, it was a little slow but I enjoyed it, the story was sorta predictable as the shit hit the fan over and over at the end. :P

First time I’ve seen Jenna Ortega in anything, she seems like a decent cute actress. Guess I need to get around to watching Wednesday.

This week I decided to give Tracker a try, and I am very glad I did. I am burning through the episodes and will be disappointed when I reach the end. From what I’ve seen online, it seems to be a popular series, so I can hope for a few seasons.

How funny! My wife is on a binge of the show while I replay Gemcraft Chasing Shadows about 5 feet away (so I am listening to the episodes. : )

Hehe… To each their own I guess! I watched 2 eps and am going to bail now. Just feels like a hammy bargain bin Reacher clone. And Reacher isn’t all that amazing either!

Anyway, enjoy it, seems like most of America loves it, so it should run for a while at least.

Feels like foreverssssss ago since I watched season 2.

And just like that . . . (GIFT LINK)

The deal died just as it neared fruition. Right before Paramount’s special committee voted on the deal, lawyers for National Amusements emailed the committee to say it was ending the discussions. The email said that though National Amusements and Skydance had come to an agreement on economic terms, they could not agree on outstanding “noneconomic terms,” according to two people familiar with the matter.

There were several hitches in the last week as Skydance, Paramount and its parent company, National Amusements, reached the final stages of negotiations. Shari Redstone, Paramount’s controlling shareholder, wanted Skydance to agree to provide some legal protection for the deal in case investors filed a lawsuit. Advisers worked through the weekend toward a compromise on those and other terms that had been outstanding. Even as the two sides made progress, a committee of Paramount’s board members evaluating the plan fired a public relations firm it had been using.

The deal was ultimately doomed by a breakdown in negotiations between Skydance and National Amusements. Ms. Redstone was irked that Skydance’s revised terms reduced the value of National Amusements to $1.7 billion from $2 billion, an adjustment that would have affected her family’s personal holdings, according to two people familiar with the matter.