It's time to have a 2020 Presidential Election thread

Works for me!

0 Likes

Dude, come on. Bart deserves better than that. Buttigieg deserves better than Martin too.

0 Likes

This is a little sub-optimal.

Key context: Sirota has made his career by RIPPING – and with vehemence – campaigns that were less than transparent about their processes and entanglements.

Bernie’s going to find out that being the front-runner isn’t as much fun as being the stalking horse, I think.

0 Likes

Bernie’s pretty much the “you must do as I say, not as I do” candidate. Sure, he hired a campaign consultant who worked for dictators (and was business partners with a guy who turned out to be a criminal), but it’s the other candidates who have dirty hands. Sure, he still somehow hasn’t gotten around to releasing his long-form tax returns after years and years of being asked, but it’s other candidates who aren’t transparent. Etc.

0 Likes

And here comes Grampy Joe, doin’ it old skool!

0 Likes

0 Likes

Oh Joe. I would miss you so much, if only you would actually go away.

Hmm, you know Bernie and Joe may not be very close on policy, but they could share the same theme song.

Bruce might actually let them use this one!

0 Likes

What, not Born to Run?

0 Likes

Hopefully Beto sucks up enough of Biden’s base to make him lose at a minimum.

0 Likes

I also think there is a weird charisma thing going on with Beto.

He looks a lot like a Kennedy. A sort of vague, distant relative. I think there’s that “Kennedy thing” he’s unconsciously tapping into but as far as i know, i’ve not read anyone claiming that he looked like Kennedy or that something so crass as he looks like Kennedy therefore i’m voting for him.

0 Likes

Gun to head choice time:

• Biden
  • Sanders

0 voters

0 Likes

Oh come on! NOO

0 Likes

Oh yes. Heh heh heh heh heh…

0 Likes

kerzain with the protest non-vote! But yeah, ugh.

The one (I don’t know) comforting? thought I have is that Biden would almost certainly defeat trump. The first order of business in 2020 is to reform our democratic institutions (to the point that that’s possible through statute and legislation) and Biden can do that as well as anyone. At least I hope so.

(The pro and anti Sanders battles currently raging on twitter and reddit is cringe worthy. The absolute biggest danger we face in 2020 is a divided opposition.)

0 Likes

It can’t be a real Qt3 poll, since the traditional 3rd option is not present. I blame Russian interference.

0 Likes

I think Biden could lose to Trump- he would demoralize the younger voters, and scandals may cause the low-info voters to bothsides it.

I also don’t think Biden will do what is necessary if he wins. I trust Beto and Harris more on this, as both of them have said flat-out they’re willing to stack the courts if necessary. Bernie I am questionable on in this area, even if I think he has the better policies among the four. (Beto and Harris are equivalent)

pro and anti-Biden is going to be as bad as pro and anti-Sanders. Bernie’s 2016 supporters see Biden as another Hillary- while they’re open to other candidates, they don’t want Biden period.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Is there polling that backs this up, or is this anecdote?

0 Likes

I demand shitbonerz

0 Likes

I mean, for this poll, shitbonerz is Trump.

0 Likes