Jack Thompson rides again

Yeah but when our frenzy killers go off, they don’t take out a third of the Jewish population.

Yeah but when our frenzy killers go off, they don’t take out a third of the Jewish population.[/quote]

Very funny you … :roll:

Keep your sarcastic ass “:wink:” at home next time, scooter. Your nation hasn’t exactly been a beacon of sunshine throughout it’s history.

I didnt mentioned history i did mentioned as now.

Oh my, you’re only referring to recent history. Then by all means continue your smug deride towards the killing of innocent people in my country. Because that’s actually funny.

edit - Oh and welcome to Quarter To Three…don’t feed the Koontz…et cetera.

Ok tell you what: I take back my smiliey and you take back your comment…

Thank you for your welcome :wink:

Dude, it’s not cool to popup and play the Hitler card on anyone from Germany, ok?

They’re high profile and attacking them is likely to get him more attention.[/quote]

That, and if he really wants to hurt a game’s sales, having Best Buy, Target, and Walmart drop it from the shelves is exactly how to do it.

Someone wrote up an adventure game to appease the man. Unsurprising, he’s not looking to pay up.

Penny Arcade dragged him over the coals for this one. Check their site-they’ve had a sort of running yahoo-fest going for the past week.

And today, Penny Arcade donated $10,000 in Jack Thompson’s name to the Entertainment Software Foundation.

If someone really wants to piss this guy off, just make a game about an unscrupulious lawer. You have this Tom Jackson, who starts fresh out of colledge wanting to make as much money as possible, however he is merely level 1.

So the first missions are chasing ambulences and figuring out how to get the victim to sue people. In the worst cases, he convinces them to sue the paramedics and the hospital for not resucing him fast enough.

Then Tom Jackson graduates to a newer level of “Personal Injury” atorney. In this case he starts with a media campeign to people to hire him to sue anyone for even the most trivial wrongs, and in some cases suing innocent people simply because there is some loophole to win.

While this makes him some decent coin, it does little for his craving for power and fame. He steps it up and starts looking for cases involving small busniesses and beings to pro-activly sue people. He begins meddeling in local politics.

Next he moves on to bigger timers and starts suing any large entity he can, twisting the law to his evil ends and gains national fame. While he puts on the face of defending the little guy, his real motivations are simply fame, wealth, and power.

Finally in the last stages of the games, Satan appears. Satan appricates his talents in litigation and creative uses of laws. Satan has a few speical final missions for Tom Jackson to prove his worth and earn him a corner office in the legal department of hell.

Nah, the beginning is too unrealistic.

I do like the ending though.

Ha! And they posted on their front page that they were doing it because they were going “to be the men you are not.”

There are times when I love those guys.

Ha! And they posted on their front page that they were doing it because they were going “to be the men you are not.”

There are times when I love those guys.[/quote]

This is one of those times. In fact, this is the time.

PA’s response is The Ultimate Burn. I haven’t seen anyone get burned in public like that since napalm.

I mean, that’s it. I quit. I’m not trolling or flaming on message boards any more. What PA’s done has no equivalent. It’s the stuff you find in bad fantasy fiction, not reality. They have skewered Jack Thompson right where it would hurt the most: They have shown that a pair of hardcore gamers – the enemy, if you will – can do the kind of good thing he can only talk about doing.

Will this hit mainstream?

I really hope the media picks that up. Chances are Jack will probably blame something on the gaming industry about the donation.

Ten thousand dollars and they put him out of business forever. Beautiful.

This was actually our main topic on this week’s PowerUser.tv (Quarter to Three’s podcast):

http://www.poweruser.tv/?page=show&show=10&c=1

Good for PA!

Ten thousand dollars to help children in need, first and foremost.

JT can still claim responsibility for it, though: “If I don’t say what I said, that charity never gets that $10k!!!” He’d do it, too.

Another update on PA. Looks like Jack isn’t done yet!

I thought you might like to see the mail I got from Jack this afternoon:

This story is completely false and defamatory. Take it down or else.

And my reply to him:

This is an automated response

Thank you for contacting Penny Arcade. I’m sorry but I am simply not able to respond to all my fan mail. I want you to know that I’m glad you enjoy the comic strip and I appreciate you taking the time to mail me.

-Gabe out

What is a higher rating than pwned! TurboPwned? Neo-maxy-zoondweeby-pwned?