Jackson to do The Hobbit, after all?

Worth getting/renting just to see the infantry squares against the massive background. Crazy cool.

I was just going to post the exact same thing.

Shame on you @alekseivolchok

shame-gameofthrones

I know I said I wasted a lot of my time, and yet I’m still very tempted to watch this. After all, it’s easily available at that website you linked, and I’m kind of fascinated by fan edits because it is fascinating how much you can change a movie by just editing it differently. The fan edits I watched of the prequel Star Wars trilogy did make the movies quite different. It improved Attack of the Clones exponentially and made Phantom Menace slightly worse, but still had some interesting ideas.

That’s the gay version. In the straight version, the five armies are:

– Chicks with big tits
– Cock-starved lesbo nymphos
– Sultry mistresses of the secret arts of man-pleasuring
– Fuck-hungry sluts from Planet XXX
– The heroic dick-swinging love-spearmen of the West

This is what got me to read the books. I had a wonderful 8th grade English teacher, Mrs Clark, who promoted the movie so I decided I’d waste whatever evening it aired, being a hard sci-fi nerd that I was, looking down my nose at Disney-esque animated fantasy fluff.

1 year later I’d read the book and holy trilogy, Covenant, Shannara, etc., and was a huge 1st ed D&D nerd.

The thread for this is here: The Lord of the Rings, an Amazon joint - #886 by Mercanis

Thanks, I thought I was there.