Jackson to do The Hobbit, after all?

Good news! Just announced that the extended editions will be hitting theaters this year!

Bwahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I would rather masturbate with 50-grit sandpaper.

Yeesh. No thanks. I wouldn’t want to sit through all three of the theatrical releases. There’s no way I’d make it through even more of the last movie.

Wait, we didn’t already watch the extended version?

Seriously, with all the inane stuff they kept in, I shudder to think what they originally cut and decided would be good enough for this. I always hoped the director’s edition of The Hobbit films would actually be shorter than the originals.

Borrowed from the Slashfilm comments

“We kept hearing from the fans, asking ‘why do we never see Bilbo shop for groceries?’, or ‘what happens at night after the characters go to sleep?’ These are the sort of key plot points we had to cut that the extended edition allows us to explore.”

God, especially not with HFR3D.

I am surprised they did not add: What happens when Bilbo is in the loo?

Think I have already seen enough.

That moment when millions of casual LotR fans sudden learn that hobbit wangs look like lamprey eels mixed with a burr coffee grinder?

Five Armies Extended Edition rated R!?

http://filmratings.com/downloads/cara_rating_bulletin.pdf

Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies - Extended Edition, The - Rated R for some violence.
Warner Home Video
R
NOTE: EDITED VERSION. CONTENT IS DIFFERENT FROM PG-13 RATED VERSION, BULLETIN NO. 2351 (12/3/14).

What? Why?

Must be some hot Elf on Dwarf action that hit the cutting room floor.

I’m guessing CG blood.

-Tom

Extended flashback to the skinny dipping at Rivendale.

You will all be disappointed at this marketing trick when you discover Gandalf uses the F-Word…

I love/hate seeing this thread bumped. It contains some of my all-time favorite QT3 discussions, but it’s also about the most disappointing films I’ve ever seen. Well, I saw two of them, anyway, and only paid for one. As a huge Tolkien nerd, I’ve been waiting for a great treatment of this book for more than 40 years. I’m still waiting.

Frodo?

The fan edit that someone posted up thread was 2/3’s amazing. His handling of the first two movies was pretty much exactly what I wanted out of a film adaptation. It was a masterful bit of editing fixing almost everything I hated. At times it almost felt like magic (He fixed the flight from Goblin Town which I would have thought was impossible using existing footage.) Unfortunately, his edit of the third movie was done before the Blu-Ray released and feels rushed and incoherent. I hope he comes back to it now that the Blu-Ray is out.

Here’s the link:

I have not seen the other three hour edit:

http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/post/109584038137/there-and-back-again-big-update

I may check it out at some point but I’m so enamored with the first one I linked, I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Ah ha! I just read the second link and discovered that these two fan editors decided to collaborate on their final draft, taking the best of both edits, so that seems to be the one to download.

I’ve enjoyed reading your comments, not to mention John’s and Desslock’s.

The series was such a missed opportunity.

Ah yes, extended editions, I am ready!

Rightbug, thanks for the links. I was so disappointed in the first two that I never got around to seeing the third. I knew some enterprising fan editors would take up the task of doing a “just the book” version, which is what I want to see. This sounds like just the ticket.

Had no idea these fan edits existed. Grabbing the one from the second link to check out this weekend. A Bilbo-focused movie with no Kimli/Freckles stuff? Yes please.