Jagged Alliance 3 - Turn Based and Looking Good!

I’m with David2. But uh…maybe more hopeful?

This may be of interest here!

Whoa, a legit Jagged Alliance game possibly. I hope each merc has their own personality.

This actually looks a Jagged Alliance game!
I might’ve missed it but I didn’t see any night missions or merc personality in the trailer. Still, highly optimistic about this.

Man, that looks good.

I played the original and the second JA games to death. Oh so good. This will have a lot of history to live up to.

That’s absolutely gorgeous. I so want to get in day 1 but I’ve been burnt by so many wannabes and also there’s GamePass.

Wow they knew exactly what to show in the trailer, which is a great sign. They know the features from JA2 and what they need to show off – all the things the previous attempts have been missing. Only thing I would have wanted to see is more merc personalities.

Yeah, merc personalities is one of defining features, which separate it from other tactics games like X-COM. Not to mention the fact that JA2 is loosely an “open world” sandbox in terms navigating the map, which towns to go to first, etc… (although there’s kind a clear path in the beginning unless you want to get gunned down fast)

They seem to have the overworld part… shown right by the end of the video.

Yup. As good as this looks now from a technical standpoint, I need to see merc personalities and how they interact during missions for this to move to the buy column for me.

So if you haven’t played the series before, what’s the best one to try, this one?

You want JA2 gold with the 1.3 patch iirc

Not on steam…

Oh, thanks. It’s treated totally separately (because of publisher, presumably), not part of the “franchise”, so I assumed it wasn’t available 🤪

So the second one mixes in real-time combat? Or is that just until combat starts?

And it isn’t a small ask. You need good voice actors and writing on top of the merc design/relationships/interaction flags, etc.

Also incredible that OG Jagged Alliance 2 is DLC for a masochists’ mod (Wild Fire). That clearly should be reversed.

At first I didn’t even understood what you said, until I entered the Steam page and saw it. My mind boggles…

You may need that for your Buy column, but good voice acting isn’t a hallmark of the series.

“She is evil. A driven bitch.”