Jagged Alliance: Rage! - TBS set 20 years after JA:2

If you start a thread about a game, you should be forced to play it. :D

Fuck, that’s cold man, especially in this instance. ;)

I regret reading it :(

Yeah. It’s like the proof of concept for Jagged Alliance. Now we build the full game.

I wish they would X-Com 2 Jagged Alliance.

What you people expected, lol. From the first trailer it looked like this: a small scope tactical game which someone has slapped the JA name. Things like UI already revealed it was another type of game.

Anyone here bothered to get this? Reviews seem mixed to negative so far.

https://www.gog.com/game/jagged_alliance_rage

I’m surprised there are any mixed reviews from what I saw.

Thor pretty much answered for me.

I’m as disappointed as the next JA2 superfan, but jeeze there’s a lot of whinging in that thread. Can’t they just pretend everything since JA2 never happened like the rest of us do?

On the ‘abusing IP’ front: how much is JA even ‘worth’? I’ve never though it was an especially popular game, though it definitely cult appear. But ip grabs never work with cult appeal, as shown in that thread, because the cultists are always overly pedantic about what they’ll accept. It only really works on games that had mass appeal.

Why? Have there been any games since JA2? Have there? Have there?!

I think it’s mostly fans of the original games who want to create a new JA game or (in this case) THQ Nordic just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what’ll stick?

I think we generally expect “sequels” to improve on the game, not go backwards.

The fact that we’re talking about it here means it’s worth something.

Though if this is the only thing you understand about a video game franchise, then you suck at business. Sorry!