James Wan gets to direct Aquaman

If you all like Momoa so much, why don’t you all watch Stargate Atlantis? I think it’s on hulu.

What if I just watch Moana again? Is that close enough?

Well Moana is definitely a better movie.

Took the boy to see it today and we both liked it. Definitely the best DC movie, visually spectacular that would be a great showcase for 4K TVs.

I just watched this. Is a decent action movie with cool worldbuilding. The movie try and acomplised to be cool. It don’t try much else. It somewhat try to be a super hero movie, but is just silly and bad has a super hero movie. The movie sell me this guy, as Arthur, King of Atlantis. It don’t sell me aquaman.

I still think is dumb to have a turret system on the borders of your system aiming to the people inside. Is practically begging for somebody hacking it and using it to murder your own civilians. More because walls don’t defend people, people defend walls. Is a silly bad strategy. I don’t see the point on this very small particular worldbuilding.

Perhaps the scriptwriters were Republicans?

People, in general, need to play more Turret Defense games.

OK help me out here - is turret defense another way of saying tower defense? Or is that its own thing?

Ooh, is probably Tower defense, I got my terms mixed up, sorry.

Ineffective turrets and apparently generations of some of the worst traffic control ever.

Huh. I had got the impression this flopped, but it turns out it’s doing insane numbers for a DC film, especially overseas. Nearly $1bn worldwide now.

Saw this today. I’d rate it second best of the DC movies - I thought Wonder Woman was legit good, if not spectacular, whereas this was maybe not actually good but super cheesy and fun, which is the next best thing. Certainly a huge improvement over the dour and inane previous installments Zach Snyder directed. And full of lots of neat visuals and at least one genuinely neat action sequence (the village chase scene with the cross-cutting - sure, there wasn’t any real sense of danger to the protagonists but it’s well done otherwise).

Breaking out Toto’s “Africa” for the plane ride into, y’know, Africa was…sure a choice. :p

Oh, it’s better than that. It’s Pitbull covering Africa, sped up like 20% from the original.

Welp.

Saw it over the break when my sons were home from school. One of them saw it and said it was fun and pretty visuals and not to expect a lot. I went in with that and it was fun and had pretty visuals. I enjoyed it and would rate it 2nd behind WW of the newer DC movies (though that isnt saying much I know).