Japan, video games, and Oda Nobunaga

While the chinese certainly were civilised I do not think there is much evidence to support that they were above the kind of behaviour discussed, prior and independent of Mongols. In general I do not think there is much correlation between having an ‘advanced’ culture and mercy. The first counter example that springs to mind is the cannibalism perpetrated by the protagonist and their allies on a variety of innocents in the Shuihu Zhuan.

While the chinese certainly were civilised I do not think there is much evidence to support that they were above the kind of behaviour discussed, prior and independent of Mongols. In general I do not think there is much correlation between having an ‘advanced’ culture and mercy. The first counter example that springs to mind is the cannibalism perpetrated by the protagonist and their allies on a variety of innocents in the Shuihu Zhuan.[/quote]
Which version of the Shuihu Zhuan are you referring to? The one with 70 chapters or 120 chapters?

Regardless, cannibalism has existed in China as something with medicinal properties.