Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

When you extract the zip file they’re in the directories created.

Is it the zip that says “here you go” above the readme link or has it moved? That page will not load for me.

Whoops, JMROMP V015.zip link had a typo. Try again.

Awesome, I do not feel as lost anymore. Looking forward to getting everything set-up, thx for the help.

That was my noob question, too. :)

Think I screwed up the TES Nexus downloads. I have @316 files downloaded instead of the @700 I thought there were. Does DownloadThemAll recognize duplicate files or should I just start over? Maybe I lost connection in the middle of the download?

Also, there is a DtA message regarding duplicate file names. So far, it looks as if I can ignore this.

Oh, and the first 2 files on the Other Files download have moved location. I’ll get the new location for you once I’m home from work so it can be edited in.

Did you get a premium account and log in first?

Yes!

I’m a premium member for 6 months. Apparently, I’d joined in July, for some reason. Maybe in preparation for this?

Oh, and I have a fileplanet account, too. I’ve had that for years.

Well, see what files you’re missing, there’s a file to diff.

Okay, I got the files, and was happily downloading the “Other” files when I bluescreened. Not Jason’s mod files, but it appears my harddrive is being funky. This is obviously the time to upgrade to Win7, so I got some upgrade components. I have a spare harddrive around here.

I’ll return to modding Oblivion once I drop in my new components.

After following the readme exactly, I ran into some trouble with the load order section. When I load 01-13.olod file it doesn’t recognize any of the files and results in error after error. And when I mean follow the readme exactly, I kind of skipped over the comparison between the output file SortedMODs.txt to 00-Configuration\SortedMODs.txt and the comparison after running 01Install.bat file. I did download beyond compare and compared the files, other then a different amount of data processed, it was a foreign language to me. Another observation is that none of the mods are installed under my Data folder that are said to be deleted if one isn’t running Shivering Isles. I am using GOTY direct to drive version so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. Not sure how much you can help me, but any thoughts would be great.

So the SortedMods.txt files don’t match? You’ll need to go through and download the files missing there and try again.

Updated to release 16. See first post.

[ul]
[li]Added Oblivion Stutter Remover 4.1 to installation process[/li]> [li]Removed Heart of the Dead (no patience for dealing with self-extracing executable repack)[/li]> [li]Removed No Loading Screen Text (started causing crashes)[/li]> [li]Removed Tamriel NPCs Revamped (disappeared from internet)[/li]> [li]Updated Animated Window Lighting System to 5.3.5[/li]> [li]Updated Map Marker Overhaul to 3.7.1[/li]> [li]Updated OBSE to 19 Release[/li]> [li]Updated Spell Delete and Item Remove to 3.2[/li]> [li]Updated Unofficial Oblivion Patch Supplementals to 3.3.3[/li]
[/ul]
Stutter remover really helps with performance and reduces crashes.

Hey there. I’ve gotten as far as running ‘TES4LODGen.exe’. The process runs fine for around a minute, before freezing up and being marked as ‘Not Responding’ by Windows. This always happens at the entry ‘Replacing 00000LegionValley “Hegathe Valley” [WRLD:00FC6D4E]’. I can close the program at that point and restart it, but the same thing invariably happens. Anyone know what’s gone wrong?

Do you have anything in %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks?

My ‘VirtualStore’ folder is actually completely empty. Thanks for the response, by the way.

Strange, I’m not sure what would cause that. Did you just install Oblivion clean then run the installer?

To my knowledge I did everything exactly according to the instructions, though I’m more than ready to admit the possibility that I screwed up somewhere along the way.

Even though the LODGen program can’t complete, the game runs without error. I guess I’ll just be missing the improved LOD stuff? Would it be possible to make it skip the parts that are causing the problems and just update everything it can, or is it more complicated than that?

You won’t have any of the distant visible terrain, no. Just delete the Data\DistantLOD directory entirely.

I’d suspect you have corrupt data somewhere, though.

Hmmm, maybe I should try a re-install. Thanks anyway!

EDIT: Okay, so I realised I had been using a newer version of TESLODGen.exe (don’t ask, long story). I downloaded the older one like I was supposed to, and that one worked fine. Mah bad.