Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

What are the backing urls for those files? What happens when you put them into the address bar?

Figured out my problem I think. Like I mentioned, I had set the downloader to skip all those file.php and download.php links, which was dumb. It seems to be downloading everything now.

I will note that RAEVWD has been updated from 1.8 to 1.9, and the premium member Denver mirror link is dead.

When I copy the Download.php url to the address bar, it prompts me to download a file - hence I shouldn’t have had the downloader set to skip them.

Clearly this is a project beyond my limited technical skills.

Once again, thanks Jason, for putting all this together.

Maybe that’s intentional then - does the file download in downthemall like it does in the address bar? Or does it 404 or something?

Yes, it renames the listing from “download.php” to whatever file it downloads “LowPolyGrass.7z” or Whatever.

Oh, my apologies. It’s fine then! :)

Apologies if this has been answered; I didn’t see anything (but didn’t read all 14 pages…)

I have never played Morrowind/Oblivion. I just finished Fallout3 and have been rocking out with the mod pack for it lately. So for all you Oblivion nerds, would someone in this position enjoy going backwards and trying Oblivion out? For more info, I’m not a graphics-nazi and basically enjoy a good storyline/world. I love love LOVE fantasy over realistic/sci-fi, as well. Any tips appreciated!

You’ll probably like it. Oblivion’s a bit of a strange duck:

1. The main quest is rather lame.
  2. The side quests are really fun.
  3. The open-world sandbox that’s the rest of the game is kind of fun, but rapidly loses its charm past level 20 or so.

The above assumes at least the non-quest mods; the interface is atrocious without them.

Heh, sounds like Fallout 3! Couldn’t stand the way they finished the main quest.

Hrm, I could upload the diff file, but right now a full diff file is 30MB… Can’t seem to get the diff down in size, even though it’s not that big a difference between the files. Mostly, I’m missing a few .nif files, but I might have somehow gotten newer versions of stuff that I manually downloaded (it was like two packages, I can’t remember which ones though…) In addition, all the .nif files seem to be areas, nothing to do with textures of any sort…

The UI itself seems semi-complete. You said there’s supposed to be buttons by the bottom of the map or did I misunderstand that?

It’s a steam install, if I didn’t mention that.

If you have to manually download anything that’d probably have broken too; you shouldn’t have any extra files at all. Did you diff the load order?

Only difference in the load order is that I lack Short Grass V3.esp. And as far as I know, the only things I downloaded manually were the RAEVW files, since there were broken links in those. One of those files had a different filename, that might be a thing.

Going to try a fresh download again soon, and see if I can get it working.

Ah, looks like it updated to 1.9. That wouldn’t cause googly eyes though.

I’ll update the installer tonight.

Updated to release 17. See first post.

Release 17
[ul]
[li]Updated Map Marker Overhaul to 3.8.[/li]> [li]Updated RAEVWD to 1.9.[/li]> [li]Updated RefScope to 2.1.2.[/li]> [li]Updated Oblivion Script Extender to v0019b.[/li]
[/ul]

I just finished a new full install, though I missed today’s updates. Everything went perfect this time. However, I too have the bug-eye issue. Looks like an eye texture is jacked up?

Can you tell me a specific NPC you see it with? I don’t see it at all on a clean install.

Basically all of them, from character creation on down. The only ones who don’t seem to be affected are the custom races added in COBL.

That’s so strange. And ProgramFilesPostInstall matches? Are you using Steam, GOTY? Are you sure you’ve disabled the UAC/ownership issues for the directory, using a clean install, and doing every single line of the readme?

Yes, clean install, followed all readme instructions.

Deactivating Beautiful people fixed it. Does that break anything else going forward?