Jason McCullough's Ridiculous Oblivion Mod List - RTM Release

Haha awesome.

Almost ready to upload the new version. I’m gonna check links again first, readjust the scripts as necessary, update the appropriate URLs in the download link files.

I should have it up by sometime tonight.

I left TES4LODGen alone since the 3.x Experimental versions would lock up when it got to a certain part of the generation process

I can host it if you want.

Doesn’t matter to me :)

wwwDOTmediafireDOTcom/?284tfci7wokyjl8

So far it’s working fine on my GOTY Deluxe version from Steam.

Updated the download links, added new changes to the readme, and fixed an issue with the rename/sort script not being able to find the Pack 3-6 and Dremora_Companion_Full files (the Packs had an extra space in their name in the script and Dremora had an extra underscore).

Since AWLS now has built in support for RAEVWD and has the Brumbek textures merged into it, I ended up deciding to go ahead and set almost everything to Yellow Brumbek. The only exceptions are the colors that you already picked (Dementia Blue-Purple, for instance).

My rig:
Intel Core2Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2-1066
512MB HIS Radeon HD 4850 IceQ4 Turbo
24" Samsung T240HD
19" AOC Spectrum (can’t remember the specific version)
500GB WD Caviar Blue
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
ASUS P5Q Pro
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I’ll try this tonight. I still need to zip through Shivering Isles before Skyrim arrives. I was only planning to use a few mods to save myself the effort, so the timing is perfect here.

Sounds good, thanks! I’ll eyeball your changes, I was dreading doing it myself.

No problem. I also went ahead and took care of the optional scripts in the development section, along with an updated sortedmods list.

I thought about adding SM Plugin Refurbish to delay the DLC quests, so I wouldn’t get slammed with the DLC notifications at the beginning, but I opted out.

The most tedious part was the AWLS section (complete rip out and replace). Go ahead and tweak that part if you want something else other than the ones I chose.

The game does look a heck of a lot better now. And having lightning almost hitting me in the face a few times was interesting. Thanks for putting the pack together.

Downloading now. If you’re using DownThemAll, the readme still doesn’t mention you should uncheck “All files” under Filters to keep the plugin from downloading the php.html files themselves.

Or, as another method, you can just make sure “disable other filters” is checked next to the fast filter settings

Edit: are you grabbing the one in the OP, or the one I uploaded a few posts up?

Yours of course.

I skimmed through the mod list. It looks like there’s a lot of quests there that I’ll probably never touch in a million years. I also didn’t see a lot of combat gameplay mods. What about the Duke Patrick SCA mods, or Deadly Reflex? Did you personally find them dissatisfying, Jason, or are they pretty wonky in general?

On the other hand, I’ll probably try pure mage this time. Maybe it doesn’t matter.

Deadly reflex was buggy as hell, so I took it out. I never tried the Duke Patrick stuff.

Feel free to turn off the quests, there’s no downside. If I was going to do a real re-release of this I’d heavily prune the quest list.

I’d love to see SM Plugin Refurbish – it’s so lame to be hit with all the notices. They actually find you even while still in the tutorial dungeon, which is even more hilarious/awful.

It will probably be Wednesday night before I get to this. I have some remaining fixes up to do on the FNV one.

Caught a mistake in the InstallVWD script that I missed earlier. I forgot a " after Plugin on this line:

%ROBOCOPYMOVECMD% "%DATADIR%\02 Imperial City Plugin “%DATADIR%”

I must have missed it when I had to stop the install due to a mistake and forgot to restore my clean Data directory so I had a ton of folders that robocopy didn’t fully copy over.

TES4LODgen dies on the last file:

[00:07] Loader: loading “bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp”…
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp] Loading file
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp] File loaded
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp] Start processing
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp] Adding master “Oblivion.esm”
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp] Adding master “bgMagicEV.esp”
[00:07] Loader: [bgMagicEV.esp] Loading file
[00:07] Loader: Fatal: <EOSError: System Error. Code: 2.
The system cannot find the file specified>
[00:07] Loader: finished
bgMagicEV.esp is nowhere to be found in Supreme Magicka 0-90b-12466-0-90b.zip. Using Google, I see other people referring to it. The old mod list calls for version 0.90b3, but it looks like the main release is now 0.90b. I don’t know if that matters. Should I try to find this esp file online and stick it somewhere?

Is my text compare of ProgramFilesOblivionPostInstall.txt going to be anywhere close if I used both NoQuests and HighPerf batch files? I didn’t download Beyond Compare either, so I just went to the next step blind.

Helpful readme fixes: remind people to update SET OBLIVIONDIR when using a different 01Install.bat. Also, step 45 tells you to Activate All again in OBMM but that’s right after I just unchecked all those files I don’t need because I don’t have DLC. Did I misunderstand something or is that just a typo?

Delete the ESP and try TES4LODGen again. Sorry about that.

the bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_supreme_magicka.esp is for compatibility with the bgMagicEV mod (the latter isn’t used in the pack)

The 13InstallGameplay script was supposed to remove it before it copied over, but I spelled “compatibility” wrong (actually I spelled it right but the directory that it’s in was spelled wrong by the Supreme Magicka mod author.

%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_COBL.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_DeadlyReflex.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_NoSpellLights.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_OOO.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatibility Plugins\bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp"

Should be

%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_COBL.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_DeadlyReflex.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_NoSpellLights.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\SM_OOO.esp"
%DELCMD% "%DATADIR%\03 Compatability Plugins\bgMagicEV_Conjuration_for_Supreme_Magicka.esp"

I actually downloaded LAME (for bgMagicEV.esp). Can I keep it in there, especially if I want to play a magic user? Everything’s running fine now but I don’t want the whole thing to be half-baked. Not sure if I installed LAME correctly – I just threw the bgMagicEV.esp and .bsa in my Data directory and ran TES4LODGen.

In the miscellaneous options I couldn’t find the option to denock arrows or enable fame tracking.

Tomorrow I’ll work my way out of the starter dungeon so I can test framerates.

Having spent a few hours working through Morrowind addons - manually (Thanks to Morrowind 2011 being nuked by idiots) I really hope we will get a different mod scene with Skyrim, with less “bwaa, you used my stuff without contacting me first” and more “Ah, more people using my stuff, great!”

Once I’ve done with Morrowind I guess I’ll take a look at Jasons modlist for Oblivion and Fallout.
This looks a lot easier to get working than what I’ve gone through with Morrowind at least. Although I’d still wish I had a .msi.

Great work collecting and writing up all this nevertheless :)

I guess you are already preparing for Skyrim.

Welcome to the hell that is Oblivion modding, night. :P

yeah, you can keep it if you used LAME.

As for “Denock” and fame tracking, they’re under “+[Options]” in the Misc items section.

I’m interested in Skyrim. Hopefully the new engine will not be as buggy as their Gamebryo-based ones.

I’m not much of an RPG fan, especially the complex ones. I tend to prefer simpler ones, like Fable, where I don’t have to micromanage so many upgrade options. Fallout 3 made me change my mind when I finally caved and bought the GOTY version when it came out. Now I’m hooked on Bethesda titles (still haven’t tried Morrowind yet, nor any of the other TES games)

LOL. Dependency/load order hell FTL :p

This is probably easier than it was for the old Halo games (I didn’t have XBL, so I did it out of boredom and also to have more than just the default stuff when splitscreening with family and friends)