Jason's Annual "what are you looking forward to" post

It’s around that time, again, to discuss what we’re excited about for 2009.

What are you guys hoping to see?

For me it’s

Halo Wars
Killzone 2
Street Fighter 4 (not sure why, kind of want it though)
Star Ocean
Alan Wake
Dragon Age

I’m sure I’m missing something

I think I’d need some kind of master list of all the upcoming games to refresh my memory. All I’m finding from Google are bits and pieces.

Dragon Age

SHIT I forgot that one

Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol and Borderlands for me.

Also hoping to hear more about the new Splinter Cell game… is it still called Conviction?

Diablo 3
Diablo 3
Diablo 3
Diablo 3
aaaaaaand Starcraft 2.

Although, I recently became less excited about SC2 because Blizzard revealed their true idiocy by announcing the game would be brought out in small installments for each race instead of all at once. They know they have millions of customers and an entire country (South Korea) waiting to buy anything that falls out of their collective golden asses, so they’re make a ton of money.

Still, I can’t wait for Diablo 3.

Ghostbusters
Just Cause 2
Prototype
Infamous
Dark Void

Empire: Total War
Dragon Age: Origins
Hearts of Iron 3

Troy

He just gave you a MCmaster list!

Ooooooh SNAP!

Not a Clancy fan myself, but yeah, it’s called Conviction still.

Brutal Legend.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. (I’m a Monolith fanboy now, I’ve come to terms with it this year when I replayed Shogo and enjoyed the heck out of it again).
Alan Wake.
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.
Halo 3: ODST.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Dirt 2
Bizarre Studio’s next Racing game (James Bond-based?)
Obsidian’s Alien RPG
Obsidian’s Alpha Protocol
Bioware’s Dragon Age
Harmonix’ Beatles Game
Mafia II

Potentially looking forward to these, but they could go wrong:

Red Faction Guerrilla.
Halo Wars.
Resident Evil 5 (potentially, if it controls as well as Dead Space).
Splinter Cell: Conviction.
Just Cause 2
Godfather II.
Tom Clancy’s HAWX.
X-men Origins: Wolverine. (It is Raven, so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt despite it being a movie license game).
Beyond Good & Evil 2.

wiiiiiiitcher. :D

heheh. Seriously, I’m mostly looking forward to two games that may never see the light of day in 2009. Alan Wake and God of War 3. Please, I need a reason to buy a PS3.

Awesome:

Dragon Age Origins
Alpha Protocol
Brütal Legend
Diablo 3
Dawn of War 2
No More Heroes 2 - Desperate Struggle
StarCraft 2 - Wings of Liberty
MadWorld
Demigod
Super Secret™ Warren Spector Game Project

Woah there roguefrog. You think Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are coming out in 2009? If they are, I’d like to add Diablo 3 to my list as well.

Diablo 3, Demigod, Dawn of War 2, Mafia 2, Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2, and Alan Wake. Probably a bunch more that I’m not thinking of too.

Dragon Age
Alpha Protocol
Brutal Legend
Resident Evil 5
Empire: Total War
Ghostbusters

I forgot to add Demigod. I’ve been a big fan of DotA for a while now and I’m hoping Demigod does well to potentially spark a sub genre in RTS.

I’m looking forward to buying cheap used copies of games I didn’t have time to get to this year. The past couple of years saw the release of some games I was waiting for (Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Bioshock, GTA IV), and I note that this upcoming year doesn’t really have any of those.

I’d like the Star Ocean game to be good. I haven’t played a single JRPG on my 360 yet, which is odd because I played a crapload of 'em on the PS2.

EDIT: SHIT, WAIT! BRUTAL LEGEND! I MEANT TO SAY BRUTAL LEGEND!

Alpha Protocol and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Those two games will ruin me if they come out while I’m in school.